In line planer boards

• 3 weeks later...

Salmon & Trout on Ontario hit much harder & will definitely release off the boards. Erie guys like inlines better due to tattle flags & ease of use.The sharp guys will be able to tell when you have a smaller fish on a big board that doesn't release so it doesn't matter. We had a silver bass or perch shaking on the outside rod for over an hour but didn't want to mess with other three rods on that side so we let it ride hoping it would be ok. When we ended up clearing rods I snapped it off the board & handed it to my cousins daughter. That little fish was an eye that weighed over 11#'s & was just swimming along with the plug. I never mastered of really cared for inline boards.

I have a set of off shores and a set of churches. Both have tattle tail flags. Churches a cool cause you can set the flags to up or down when dragging a fish. Churches are  also easier to rig, if not using flags, because the have a permanent spring loaded pin on the back of the board. That makes it easier to attach and remove the board, but again that only applies if  you don't pay extra for the flags. Both companies will rip you off for the flag kit. They hit your wallet hard for a cheap piece of molded plastic and a spring that probably cost them pennies to make (after paying for the mold that is). And the flags will eventually break off because they are so thin. When they break find some plastic sheet stock and make your own.

• 2 years later...

I just ordered the opti tackle ones you linked to but it looks like they go flag down with strike

I have both the church's boards with flags. And opti-tackle boards with flags. I run them. Both as flags up fish on. For the money the opti's can't be beat. https://northwoodsoutlet.com/product/opti-tackle-ultimate-planer-board-with-spring-flag-system/

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I just ordered the opti tackle ones you linked to but it looks like they go flag down with strike

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Garrymny - They come set up that way, I believe I just drilled a 1/8 hole on the flag and move the spring and rod there to make them work the other way. Let me know if you need a picture or more info next time at the big I’ll try and get a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics