Brown Trout Erie North Shore Spring Browns

Erie North Shore Spring Browns

I've seen a few topics where guys asked about shallow spring browns on Erie. No one seems to respond aside from "go to Ontario....it's better...".
I know some of the smaller Erie tribs (north shore) can be surprisingly productive, though. And since very few people talk about them with much detail, it should stay that way. And I'm OK with that;) So I'm definitely not ruling out shallow spring browns just yet.

I just got myself a fishing kayak and I'm getting it geared up now (fish finder, jet divers, etc.). I don't expect the same kind of numbers or size from Erie, but I have to imagine getting into some spring browns on Erie is at least possible. Just wondering if generally the same techniques would be worthwhile trying on Erie as on Ontario? I did see that someone mentioned that steelhead in Erie tend to hit smaller baits than in Ontario (aim for 2.5-3.5" instead of 3.5-4.5" spoons or something like that). I would have to imagine slightly smaller stick baits would do the trick too. If anyone has any input they're willing to share, could you please PM me? Thanks in advance, and tight lines guys!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics