Walleye Fishing shallow night time

Fishing shallow night time

I'm new to Erie spring night fishing. I would appreciate input when it comes to the benefit of using an electric trolling motor as an alternative to a kicker or main motor. How much of an advantage is the stealthier presentation & do you feel it is worth the effort?

I've heard about the "combat trolling" & "dock dances" that occur yearly. I have never fished Erie at night but fish walleye there regularly during the day time. I normally fish an inland lake in the spring at night but the stocking program was discontinued & fishing has really fallen off.

Meyers reef, Seneca shoal, smokes creek, Hamburg shoreline in front of hoaks, Dunkirk shoreline and reefs. Pretty much anywhere along the shore or reefs that you can get into that 7-12' range. I have run boards with glow sticks but usually just Rod in hand for me. Bay rat shallows, husky jerks, shadow raps, scatter raps. It's all a guessing game, and a lot of changing of baits, but when you find what they want that night, limits come quick

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

I've spent lots of daytime hours walleye fishing on Erie, but never done it at night.......... It's intimidating to me, and so it's tough to learn it......

If anyone is ever looking for a fishing partner, please let me know via PM...... I'd be happy to share in the expenses.

We fished near Hamburg beach a few years ago & there had to be 200 boats there any thing from a canoe  to a 25 footer. It was nuts some had lights, some did not, guys yelling at each other. I have only been out a few times at night after that & if its crowded  I stay away from the pack.

• Like 1

like king said don't worry about all the boats there are lot of places to troll at along the shore line some are just better than others here a  app to look at  http://webapp.navionics.com/#boating@6&key={uidG~~a`N  along hamburg , smokes creeks, woodlawn bar, evans bar, eigthteen mile creek  area is good  John

Edited by yellowpike
  • Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics