Starting my boat

image.thumb.jpeg.1e491cfe4d4034ae897cafd686f54a47.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8c2753afea8df39f94ad0b484c967a01.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3c0ced1a3d859269832c6ebddbb238ae.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.76322226873fcf395fde2a80fd30d5a6.jpegI couldn't agree with mr580, this is just a teaser from Mother Nature!! Towards the end of the week it's going to get cold again. I just rebuilt my motor this winter because it cracked, I used the pink antifreeze, I never did this till I over heated a motor due to rust clogged the holes"water jackets" in the block. So I drained my block, manifolds ect and put the pink stuff in like everyone else does. I ran 5 gallons through just to make sure it pushes all the water out. This winter I needed a multimeter that l left in the boat so I pulled the tarp back to get in, I thought I better take a look. I saw a pink stalactite hanging out the side of the block, at first I thought it must be water getting in somehow and running down the side. So I broke a peice off and tasted it its antifreeze. I pulled the hoses off and the juice is bone hard. My heart sank down to my knees, wtf I did everything the way I've been doing this for years. To read the whole story go to LOU thread when can I put my boat in. To make a long story short, this RV antifreeze gets slushy at 28* and freezes bone hard at 13* but the RV antifreeze doesn't expand when froze like water does. I was under the impression that it stayed a liquid as the green stuff, this is not the case. As I explained in the beginning I thought this was a sure fire way of ridding the water in the block such as the water pump hose the power steering cooler ext. not so I think I diluted the pink to much and it took on the properties of water and pushed the block enough to crack it and the pink juice came out. I did a little testing with a pint canning jar with a rubber lid and a metal ring to hold the lid on tight, by adding a half cup of water to the juice and put it in the freezer, it pushed the lid up and cracked the jar. Here are some pics. of strait  RV antifreeze in a jar I had to pound the screwdriver into the m

image.thumb.jpeg.1e491cfe4d4034ae897cafd686f54a47.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8c2753afea8df39f94ad0b484c967a01.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3c0ced1a3d859269832c6ebddbb238ae.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.76322226873fcf395fde2a80fd30d5a6.jpegI couldn't agree with mr580, this is just a teaser from Mother Nature!! Towards the end of the week it's going to get cold again. I just rebuilt my motor this winter because it cracked, I used the pink antifreeze, I never did this till I over heated a motor due to rust clogged the holes"water jackets" in the block. So I drained my block, manifolds ect and put the pink stuff in like everyone else does. I ran 5 gallons through just to make sure it pushes all the water out. This winter I needed a multimeter that l left in the boat so I pulled the tarp back to get in, I thought I better take a look. I saw a pink stalactite hanging out the side of the block, at first I thought it must be water getting in somehow and running down the side. So I broke a peice off and tasted it its antifreeze. I pulled the hoses off and the juice is bone hard. My heart sank down to my knees, wtf I did everything the way I've been doing this for years. To read the whole story go to LOU thread when can I put my boat in. To make a long story short, this RV antifreeze gets slushy at 28* and freezes bone hard at 13* but the RV antifreeze doesn't expand when froze like water does. I was under the impression that it stayed a liquid as the green stuff, this is not the case. As I explained in the beginning I thought this was a sure fire way of ridding the water in the block such as the water pump hose the power steering cooler ext. not so I think I diluted the pink to much and it took on the properties of water and pushed the block enough to crack it and the pink juice came out. I did a little testing with a pint canning jar with a rubber lid and a metal ring to hold the lid on tight, by adding a half cup of water to the juice and put it in the freezer, it pushed the lid up and cracked the jar. Here are some pics. of strait  RV antifreeze in a jar I had to pound the screwdriver into the m

Thanks pap!

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Yes you are correct in 2 ways, I didn't add water intentially, I know it has to go in full strength, but I thought this was a sure fire way to rid the water in the block that are hard to get at such as my power steering cooler and the water in the water pump hose, where you mentioned you used the pink juice such as your sink and wash down, are according Peak this is the only place they recommend using the antifreeze, the person I spoke to said that at no time should this RV antifreeze be used in the engine itself period!! I said well why does it say marine on the damn bottle, he told me its to be used in the toilets, sinks as MR 49 says where he uses it. I never used in the block until I joined this site in 2012, the guys said this is the way to keep rust from forming over the winter. Since I just happened to lose an engine due to rust clogging up water jackets ect. I couldn't help but jump on the band wagon, till now.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics