Which Launch

Looking for advice on which launch to use on Chautauqua. It has been years since I fished this lake,was docked at Dunkirk for several seasons. Now the wife and I bought a deep V19 footer we can trailer. Hoping someone can help me out with advice on a deep enough launch where one can feel comffortable dropping in and pulling out. Thanks in advance.

Most of the time I launch at Prendergast.  It is a great launch for the summer and would have no problem handling your size boat.  I find that it can be too shallow to use in the late fall, so I normally switch over to Long Point.

Long Point is no doubt the nicest launch on the lake, but you have to pay an entrance fee to get into the park during the summer.  These fees are waved if you have an empire parks passport.

--Joe

Guys are correct that Long Point is nicest launch-deep water and 4 ramps.  DEC has a double ramp in Bemis Point that is not too bad and is free.  Only downside is that it gets busy in the summer.  Prendergast is shallow and is tough with a north wind.  I use Bemis until it gets busy then go to Long Point (I have a park pass) when I'm not on the lift. 

• 2 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics