Help!! I Need Lowrance Repair

chascurt

I talked to Tony, he says nobody, including Lowrance, fixes Lowrance units.  He said to call Lowrance which I tried before but tried again. They offered to take my broke unit in on trade for a new Hook 5 for $175.00 plus $12.50 shipping.  Doubt I'll do that. Couple places are selling Humminbird 598's, with side scan, for $200. after rebate.

As Smoke-n-Finn says its pretty tough to get any consumer electronics repaired today.  At least Lowrance offered an option- not sure how features on Hook 5 compare to the Elite 5 DSI but it might be worth a look.   On an out of warranty unit they could have just said "sorry".  Not trying to stick up for Lowrance as I've had mixed experiences with their warranty and service.  I do have Humminbird as well and they have one year warranty.  For us guys in the north that only run summer months a one year warranty goes away pretty quick.  Hope things work out for you.

• Like 1

Basically the features are the same I believe. Obviously the Hook would be upgraded technology. BPS has 'em for $300. so they weren't overpaying for my unit. And yeah, my main unit is a Humminbird. Actually the only way i ended up with the Lowrance in the first place was a buddy sold his boat and wanted to sell it to me cheap.  Humminbird does have a flat rate repair fee for their units based on the model but it's kinda high for older units and generally not worth what they want. I did send in a 998c HD SI a couple years ago and they replaced it for $370. which I thought was pretty good at the time.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm hearing the same things over and over about Lowrance,...terrible CS and not good quality in their newer units, if it breaks out of warranty, you're screwed!!!    I think my next unit is going to be a Garmin...hearing lots of good things about them, their units, their quality, their CS !!!!

My 2 cents...

ok so what happens when the HDS 7 Gen3 I just bought, that is also needed to control the autopilot that I also just bought, goes bad....? Not good to hear. These units are not cheap. Rats. 
The way Lowrance explained it to me was we buy and import parts and assemble the units here. When the parts are gone that's it. Ever since the Lcx series I had nothing but trouble. Spending my money elsewhere

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Lake Erie United Mobile App

The way Lowrance explained it to me was we buy and import parts and assemble the units here. When the parts are gone that's it. Ever since the Lcx series I had nothing but trouble. Spending my money elsewhere

Lowrance is no longer a family company. Owned by a company that makes a bunch of electronics.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help but got rid of the Lowrance long ago. I'm stickin' with Humminbird. Lotsa parts/accessories available for 'em and I've had good luck with their service. I also have a friend who has spent a lot of time with Humminbird reps on the phone while he was on the water and they were great to help him just learning the fine points of a new Helix.  I'm sure someone has some bad stories about 'em but I haven't heard any.

• 6 months later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics