How many of you paint/make your own

I have thought about painting my own after we find the hot color for the season. I mean when we hear all the fish are hitting anything with green, or orange etc...   Thought I would take some of the old lures I don't use & paint them up the correct color.  But then again by the time I buy the air brush & paints plus the time it would be just as cheap to buy the new color lures.  Last winter we made up many, many harnesses which we ended up only using half of those, will maybe get to the other half this year.

WOW those are really nice!!! I asked some guys on lou the type guns and stuff they used, because my daughter wanted one for Christmas. Believe it or not Santa brought one for her, all the while I was pushing this idea, we are getting better but she is way more talented then I. I have purchased different stencils for scales patterns. The one thing I'm in the dark about is what type of paint to use. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. As of now we're using water based paints, just for easy clean ups. Thanks for any help PAP

1 hour ago, Flybuster said:

Thanks guys, pap I use the testors enamel " model paint" it has a    little better coverage and the color selection is outstanding from metallics to fluorescent! 

Thank Flybuster, holy shyt I never gave them a thought. We have a huge hobby shop near by, my daughts had a prodject and one picked the Titanic, and I took her there I was floored when I saw there selection. Do you do a primer before paint or just make sure they are free of oils. Thanks for the help. Pap

When I buy new blades I don't do anything, and the only time I prime it's more of a base coat application. You will notice some colors are more translucent the fluorescents change quite a bit unless you spray it over white You just have to play around a little bit

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 1 month later...

You can buy them at Cabelas Bass Pro, but I quit paying big $$ for the same beads that are in the kits my daughters make your own braclets or necklace, they litterly have hundreds for a couple bucks, with the kits they have I have enough beads to last me along time, and all differant sizes shapes and colors. You can buy them at Walmart or any craft store. 

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:31 PM, Flybuster said:

When I buy new blades I don't do anything, and the only time I prime it's more of a base coat application. You will notice some colors are more translucent the fluorescents change quite a bit unless you spray it over white You just have to play around a little bit

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Flybuster.. would you be interested in painting some scatter rap tail dancers ? I really like the lure's but not crazy about the paint and I would like custom colors ... Thanks Paul

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics