New product coming 2017

New product coming 2017

We have a new product coming out in 2017 and would love to hear opinions from big water fisherman. We have an item that I'm curious of your opinions specifically because we feel like it could have niche behind planer boards with nothing else needed. We call it a Death jig and we have one that is 1-1/2oz so it gets down without the need for inline weights etc. We haven't had any feedback from the great lakes area as it is brand new actually launching in Cabela's this month, but we've used it in the midwest with success. What are your thoughts? Something you think will work? 

thumbnail_Rigged01.jpg

I believe it would work but for me its about depth control if you had or could put together a depth chart speed +line out =depth that would be a great selling point !! But lets face it we all have truck loads of stuff that don't work so its hard for me to buy another it may or may not work (spoon stick bait or jig) when I can tie-up a worm harness for next to nothing .. it is however a great idea and I'm sure at some point I will try a few and I wish you the best of luck !!!   Paul

6 minutes ago, shinintimes said:

I believe it would work but for me its about depth control if you had or could put together a depth chart speed +line out =depth that would be a great selling point !! But lets face it we all have truck loads of stuff that don't work so its hard for me to buy another it may or may not work (spoon stick bait or jig) when I can tie-up a worm harness for next to nothing .. it is however a great idea and I'm sure at some point I will try a few and I wish you the best of luck !!!   Paul

Thank you for the feedback. On the back of the actual packaging it does give an estimate, but like many things it is speed dependent. We generally fish them at harness speeds 1.2-1.4 and the depth is approx half of your line out. So with 40ft of line out your in approx 20ft of water if that makes sense. We make harnesses and stuff as well, but was really curious of the pulling behind board applications. We are heading to Erie for the NTC next year and I can't wait to get some time pulling them on the great lakes. The 3/4 size we tend to run a little slower or remove the blades for the death roll action on a jig and drift  or jig them. Here is a quick clip without the blade of underwater action (the jig is the last thing)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics