Southtowns Walleye Tournament

Sounds like a lot of fun, I was going to be coming out the 2nd week of June anyway, that will fit right into the schedule!! How much is it to join? I see you guys got a nice bunch of good sponsors. Well done in that department!!! :emoticon-0178-rock: PAP.

$70.00-$100.00 depending on what you enter into. You must be entered by 9:00pm June 10th to fish the tournament. There will be several sign up stations and can be signed up at the club house, and the WNY Sport and Travel Expo in Hamburg March 10-13.  If anyone has any questions give me a shout on pm here or call the club at 716-649-8202. I sit on the board of directors of the club.

• 3 months later...

Sluggo and Pap i'm headed to Barcelona myself next weekend if the weathers good !! Don't have the experience for a           tournament I'll be staying at the theater motel that reminds me I think I owe you a few cold beers Chris .. Mike you have my number give me a call Saturday and i'll let you know how i'm doing .. Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Southdowns' Walleye:

Please stop holding your tournament so early in the year.

Fish were few and far between this year unless you like catching small ones and silver bass.

In my humble opinion your tournament would be far more fun and you would get way more entries if it was the week of 4th of July, like it used to be or even later.

I agree with Puckin Dog 110% !!!. Been chasin eyes East basin since 1987. My info is that almost any eye over 7 lbs early in summer is a female. The southtown tourny IMHO is targeting our breeding stock of female walleyes in the eastern basin. We are shooting ourselves in the foot with the timing of this tournament. I remember when Tom Marks was president it did get moved to about the 3rd week of July. Those were a fun couple of years. We caught way more eyes then years when tourny was in early june. Plus WE HAD KIDS ON THE BOAT cause they were done with school!! Later July we usually have the influx of western basin eyes so were not just hammering on our local breeding stock. I'm  chasin walleyes as much as ever cause I enjoy he challenge and love eatin them. The small ones taste great!! Have not been a member of STW for a good # of years cause I dont agree with the timing of this local tournament.

• 1 year later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics