Perch Perch

We need boat ramps for the majority of boaters. With our economy a boat dock is out of the question for most boat owners. The Dunkirk experience with a taxpayer built marina is a failure and it put a private marina out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

I went to the Great Lakes International Joint Commission Meeting last night and was allowed to get up and speak.I told them with the blue green algae in Western Basin of Lake Erie and dead spots near Pa line during the summer more Fishermen are moving toward Eastern Lake Erie to launch their boats to fish.All this extra increase of trailered boats from out of state combined with the up turn in boating in our area has over stressed the limited number of launch ramps on the Eastern end of Lake Erie.Also that the break walls at Barcelona & Dunkirk are at a condition that they soon will completely fall apart like the wall did already at Barcelona Harbor.Lastly if we have a know decrease in bait fish,emerald shiners & smelt,why are they allowing commercial seine netting of emerald shiners in the Niagara River to be salted for Trout bait in Pa.The emerald shiner netting Permit should have a closed period until they have finished spawning,this can be done by water temperature.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 7

As a side note the perch bite appeared strong today in SBH. Lots of boats out and one launch open. My girls got in on the action from the pier with about four each on worms they found in our garden. Those with emeralds were pulling them out as fast as they could bait the hooks. Appeared to be a mixed bag of large and smalls.

23 hours ago, JustFishin..... said:

Swing by SP today. Doesn't look like any dredging has happened yet.

fwiw... when i spoke with them last they seemed confident the dredging would be done by end of April.

It would be more effective if boat ramps were installed at the tip of the east wall. The deeper water does not shoal up with sand there. The Town of Hamburg ramp also should be moved to the end the pier where deeper water exists and the sand trap area that now is used.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics