Perch Perch

The Fishery guys from Erie County Advisory Board have failed to support the Woodlawn Beach State Park boat ramp idea. They complained about a sand problem. This is not a marina docks deal, just a simple boat ramp that can be easily cleared with a payloader and it is located off shore in deeper water. The Crystal Beach launch site has worked well for years now. It seems these boys are happy with what they have now but we need something better. Northern Erie County has dozens of boat ramps but the Southtowns is stuck with Sturgeon Point Marina and its expensive dredging operations every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

The Fishery guys from Erie County Advisory Board have failed to support the Woodlawn Beach State Park boat ramp idea. They complained about a sand problem. This is not a marina docks deal, just a simple boat ramp that can be easily cleared with a payloader and it is located off shore in deeper water. The Crystal Beach launch site has worked well for years now. It seems these boys are happy with what they have now but we need something better. Northern Erie County has dozens of boat ramps but the Southtowns is stuck with Sturgeon Point Marina and its expensive dredging operations every year.

I'm with you Jim as are many others I am sure. The question I have is what should we do to try and move the ball forward? I opine with the speed limit at SBH and outer harbor being enforced this year (unless CG gets the law repealed ) it is going to push more people to Sturgeon and the Catt to launch making it that much more of an issue. Does Hamburg still administer Woodlawn? Who should we call, write etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

15 hours ago, jimski2 said:

This is not just for fishing guys, there are family weekend boaters, jet ski operators and sail boarders who need access.

People need to contact their Reps. state & local & let them know we want/need more access points. Higgins, Gallivan, Hoyt, Brown & others. Even early & late in the season to take the barricades down that are across the launches & let people use them (At their own risk) like Erie basin & others. The lakes are a natural thing & people should be allowed to use them whenever they want not just when the people in charge think we should allowed to.  Also the fishing clubs should get letter writing campaigns going to the Reps. as a group. South town walleye use too. They boost of 2000 members & their mission is the get more lake access but it's not happening.

We have been trying to get a New Additional Launch on the Erie County end of Lake Erie for a number of years now! Just as hard as trying to get a Hatchery on the East end of Lake Erie . Politicians agree to talk to you on the subject around election time,then it goes no where.The latest the Politicians told me was you just got a New Boat Launch at the SBH,need to prove it can't handle the trailered boats that use it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

There are around 80,000 fishing license holders in the Buffalo metropolitan area. The greatest water area is Southwest of the City of Buffalo limits. A weekend trip from the Fuhrman Boulevard area is a gridlock frustration both launching and retrieving your boat. The long distance travel time to the good fishing grounds is even worse in windy conditions. We have been fed these weak excuses for years now.

Went outta the state launch closest to the mouth yesterday and it was open, some sticks washed up and kicked over to the edges of the ramp but still got a clear shot to the water, no docks in. Water temp was 38 out in the lake and 45 in the creek. One other boat out besides us with 3 guys and no perch found yet by anyone

• Like 1

I just spoke with the town of Evans.  They said the bids just went out and nothing will be approved until their next board meeting. It doesn't seem to me like they even care about opening before  May 15. They said opening early is a courtesy. F- that. This should have been done weeks ago. It's a joke.  Maybe if we call them non stop               (716)-549-0970  something might get done.

Edited by mikey eyes

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics