Perch Perch

I've never fished the eastern end of Erie, but have fished from Port Clinton to Turtle creek area, out that way I never encountered this nonsense, but maybe it's just the lay of the land? If the shoreline in built up what can you do? You would think they would make better accesses so the folks stay in that area. The people are going to spend money in the place they can access the water. That's my way of thinking, that itself can be scary :emoticon-0136-giggle: well keep us posted on the best ramps, after June I'll be making the run out there for some Erie Gold!! PAP

• Like 1

The state owns Woodlawn Beach Stste Park where we grew up launching our boats from the sand beach. A boat ramp system similar to the Canadian Crystal Beach ramp would work there. Money is available from the Power Authority and other State programs. Our legislators just do not seem to get it done. It is up to the boaters and their families. To go after them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, yellowpike said:

I think maybe we stage a protest we need more lake Erie access what do you Think they protest everything else.

Sent from my VS986 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I have been saying for years there should be a launch at Evangola St park.  every thing is there except a launch!  Parking , lighting, rest rooms the road.  I know South town walleye org. tried for years but never got any where with it.  Maybe we should start writing letters to B. Higgings He seem like the only one that gets things done on the water front!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:02 PM, lineman49 said:

I have been saying for years there should be a launch at Evangola St park.  every thing is there except a launch!  Parking , lighting, rest rooms the road.  I know South town walleye org. tried for years but never got any where with it.  Maybe we should start writing letters to B. Higgings He seem like the only one that gets things done on the water front!

I don't think Evangola would be the spot in my opinion its too close to the Catt. and would need a substantial break wall there. It would be a nightmare to put a boat on the trailer in the wind there with out a break wall. Either near Point breeze in the bay to block the wind, or I have always said in 18 mile creek off old lake shore rd. would be a good spot if the creek was deep enough to support navigation. I do like the Woodlawn state park idea but the same issue of needing a wall.

I think where ever they would put a launch it would/should need a break wall. I guess my point is we need more access to get into the water even if they are only a 1/2 mile apart.  18 mile ck. would be good too but it is shallow at the mouth & would need dredging  a lot & most likely a wall also.  The thing is there is probably money from the Nia. power Authority that could be used for this. I don't think woodlawn would be a go due to the new launches at the Buffalo harbor st. park now. jmo  Rumor was a few yrs. ago they were going to put a marina/launch in at the old steel plant site if they ever get all the slag pile gone.

• Like 1

Evangola Park has a launch site used for catamaran sail boats. Go on Google Maps and see the site at Crystal Beach Ontario on Lake Erie. It works and is well used. It could be constructed at Woodlawn Beach and it is not designed for docking boats, just launching trailer boats. The Buffalo Harbor site is gridlocked on weekends and will be worse with all the new boat docks being installed.

The best place for another Boat Launch is the Union Canal off the South end of the Buffalo Harbor South Gap.Parking is already present,depth of water is 15 ft + all the way back and NY Route 5 would block high winds.I will be pushing for this through the Erie County Fishery Advisory Board!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 3

Years ago Woodlawn Beach was like Daytona Beach. Cars drove onto the beach, boats were launched and my grandmother set up a tent to enjoy the cool lake breezes before air conditioning became prevalent so . The North Towns and city residents have plenty of lake access but the South Towns with the majority of Lake Erie in their front yard have to travel many miles to launch their boats to Sturgeon Point. We need to unite on the best available location between Buffalo and Sturgeon Point. Route 5 and the 179 circle is easy to drive on and the state owns the property already. Eighteen Mile Creek is tied up with Condominium leases and the best place for early spring fishing is the bays off Hamburg.

• Like 2

Agreed, the Union canal  would be a great place for a launch & docks, also any of the other smaller canals to the north. I know there is more to it , but some one just needs to build launches at the end of these canals & they would be all set. Most have parking areas or could be set up with them. We need to start writing letters to the right people( our Reps.)  & try to get things going or maybe we boaters should have a protest/rally like  others do! lol

• Like 1

Next to the Countywaterwater Waste Water Treatment Plant, also publicly owned Strohm's Marina operated a boat launching ramp. It was very busy. A breakwaters is not needed for docked boats like the Buffalo Harbor and annual or semi annual dredging will offer early spring fishing. Sturgeon Point Marina requires expensive dredging each spring and Hamburg Town Park needs dredging more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics