Perch Perch

We fished close in at SP in that 52fow a little west and caught 30 perch and they were jumbos....15" fish and one weighed 2#s. NBS Only lasted alittle over an hour, so we went out to our marks deeper and caught a few smalls. We were spoiled after the jumbos. Also in that 52fow we were catching hugh smallmouths 4 & 5#s and an undersize walleye. Beautiful way to end the season..What U been up to?

• Like 1

You talking Niagara River, and where is Blue water? Where's your hunting camp and good luck hunting. My brother in law and I recently joined a hunting lease called Sunfish Run near Little Valley seeing we lost our old lease in Great Valley last year after 20 years there. Hopefully we can all bring meat home for the freezer and jerky. Good luck and great conversing with you. Great Holidays and Merry Christmas!!!!!

Niagara River. Blue Water marina off Grand island at the end of Ferry Rd. We were in about 11 fow in the boat but it would have been castable off the docks. It can be productive at times late in the year as long as theres bait. Seen a guy in a black lund land a nice musky on a fly too thurs. That looked like a riot.  Our camp is in Humphrey off Pumpkin hollow. We lost our spot too but found some state land down the street off Golden Hill that looks promising.  Not much luck opening weekend, but i was luckey enough to hit a spike with the bow last week. Good luck to you too and Happy holidays

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, mikey eyes said:

Tried launching out of Sturgeon Sat. No go. Sand bar was huge. Made a call to Miller and launched out of the state launch out of the Catt. Tried about a dozen spots with zero luck.

This must happen every winter when do they normally dredge that sand bar ? I've been waiting since last April to hit the perch !!!

this early in the year my bet  would be Pinehurst or east of st pt   two years ago icefishing 60 ft   plus out st pt near the line also  a few years   ago when we had good ice we killed west of the catt in 50 ft       yellowpike

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, lineman49 said:

Hope for an early spring & I hope we can get out of SP!   (sand bar)

its probably going to come down to some manual labor on our part get out the waders :emoticon-0100-smile: I have found when you wait for someone else to do something nothing gets done

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics