Perch Perch

Do you guys on Erie get a temp drop on an east wind?  Lake O drops like a rock with an east wind and just wondering if Erie does the same. Last year on this date, the water intake at Buffalo was 69 deg. Yesterday it was 74. Probably the warmest on record.

Edited by Pequod1

• 2 weeks later...

We stopped many
Times yesterday looking for perch and trolled for four hours out deep. Never did we see any small hooks on the screen. Even in close to shore did we see anything on the screen indicating to what I think could be perch. Usually we would expect them to be close to the walleye schools but nothing happened out deep. I am taking some Goldie's and frozen salted emeralds out today but have no prospects expected. The narrow gap off Sturgeon Point to Canada may work.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Yesterday went trolling for walleye out of Dunkirk to west. Got three eyes 75 ft give or take a few. All marks on bottom. Lots of marks. Took kids out thinking perch were there and they were. 72 ft off canadaway. Marked perch schools a few miles long. Didn't kill em but with salted shiners did ok. They are big ones to. If you want some perch they are deep. Caught most a foot off bottom. Good luck can't miss em just don't think most have went that deep. Hoping to see boats on em and then I can just look for birds. 

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Went out of the Catt yesterday, Hanover still has ramps in, marked and  sat on fish out in 76fow and only managed to catch couple dozen and a nice 5# walleye. They just weren't biting.  North wind probably didn't help, but gonna try again next week weather permitting. Join Southtowns Walleye Assoc., great club and fishing tournament.

• Like 1

Went out Wednesday out of Hanover, after checking our old waypoints in 76ft sat for awhile and caught acouple, decided to go deeper. Ended up in 82ft probably 4 miles west of Catt. Marked fish and a lot of bait. Only small pods of fish, but we managed to catch a couple dozen, and they were just loaded with minnows and seafleas. Probably why they weren't biting that good. Anyone know if there are any fish near Bflo?

• 2 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics