Garmin 93Sv opinions

I'm thinking of upgrading my fish finder to a Garmin 93 Sv (without the panoptics transducer).

Anyone out there who has used one in real life?

I'm currently using a Lowrance 5 inch sonar and a stand alone Lowrance global map GPS with a Navionics chip.

I Like the Global map and will probably keep it on the boat, but I would like to upgrade to a more modern sonar.

I like the way the 93Sv snaps into bracket without having to plug in a bunch of cables. 

Opinions welcome.

Thanks

jv

I haven't used any Garmin units but have read many positive reports on them and I believe with the right transducer the 93sv is a good unit for the money. Garmin has better units with great bells & whistles but you pay for those. I have all Lowrance HDS units that does everything I need for fishing and getting back to the dock. the 93sv should cover all your basic needs to find fish and show them on your screen. but it all depends on what you want out of a unit. but Garmin is a quality product. just my 2 cents worth.

before you buy if your buying new check the prices on eBay and amazon before you buy. eBay has pretty good prices on the 93sv echomap units

I ran Lowrance lms and hds units for years then i went to Garmin 93sv it was a nice finder absolutely nothing wrong with it i didnt like the quick release on it it was easy to steal it and i had a sure lock on my Lowrance i brought for it, but i preferred Lowrance it seemed it was easier to used  i was more accustomed to it. i like the graph and sonar better than the Garmin ,it easier to transferred from Lowrance to another  Lowrance jmo good luck

jeff

I'm not worried about it getting stolen, cause I never leave my electronics on board, because it gets to hot with the mooring cover installed. The circuit boards can't take that kind of heat. I'm staying away from Lowrance because they won't repair anymore. They tell you to throw stuff away and buy a new one.

I hate Amazon. The owner is a A-hole and I'd rather pay more than make him even richer

Jim, I've run a Garmin 93SV for a few years now and like it. it is paired with a gt-52hw-tm transducer. There are newer transducers offered now. The touch screen is a great feature IMO. I like the quick removal feature for the display also. I troll for walleyes and live bait perch fish, and find that it performs fine in those applications. it's intuitive to use and won't take too long to figure out. 

The one thing I don't like is the mapping that comes standard with the unit....... it is not accurate for depth. 

Thanks Mr Sparrow

Salesman at Cabelas told me my existing Navionics map chip will interface directly into the Garmin so I can see all my existing way points which is where I save all my walleye catches. The Navionics chip I have is very accurate for depth contours.

On 3/5/2023 at 1:42 AM, Puking Dog said:

I'm thinking of upgrading my fish finder to a Garmin 93 Sv (without the panoptics transducer).

Anyone out there who has used one in real life?

I'm currently using a Lowrance 5 inch sonar and a stand alone Lowrance global map GPS with a Navionics chip.

I Like the Global map and will probably keep it on the boat, but I would like to upgrade to a more modern sonar.

I like the way the 93Sv snaps into bracket without having to plug in a bunch of cables. 

Opinions welcome.

Thanks

jv

For some years I used Garmin. It's easy in use, has clear interface.

• 9 months later...

I have the Garmin 93sv, great unit. I changed from Humminbird to garmin and am happy with the change. Found the sonar to be clear, and the touchscreen is an added bonus. 
Garmin is easy to update, and these units are easy to network as well.  Community maps help and the charts that are provided are very detailed.  Plus you can chart your own favourite spots as you troll as well.

Im currently looking into a nema2000 network in order to get my gauges on display from the mercury engine.   Very cool features. 

• 2 months later...

The active captain app that integrates with the charts on the 93sv is a great feature to share waypoints with other people and also to review your charts on your phone or tablet, I also enjoy the text messaging feature which allows you to receive messages on your screen so you don’t have to mess with your phone while you are fishing. Easy to update with wireless Wi-Fi when you are near a network or close proximity to your home network…

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics