just wanted everyone to feel the spirit of Christmas and didn't know where to post it. so may your Christmas be merry, and may the new year bring you guys the happiest days fishing you could ask for. most wanted is more members with more walleye stories on Lake Erie united.

last year on Erie wasn't anything to talk about. we got a new used 26' boat for Erie and was still rigging her the morning we left. the 1st day my oldest son said it was too rough and turned around and took us back in. the second day he wouldn't listen to me when I said we needed to go farther out after a friend that charters out of Geneve gave me a starting point. so, he shuts down early and starts fishing. we caught a few keepers, but most were small shorts. on our next day I finally got him to agree to go on out. but about 60' of water and the boat not running right he stopped and shut down to check the carb but when he tried to get it started it would not even turn over.

but it was overheating when idling but cooled down when running mid range. so, we used the kicker to troll in shallow water then used it to get back in. after that he just gave up and didn't even try to fix it. he hasn't touched the boat since to find the problem. I am 71 and have trouble getting around or up in the boat but I did find both batteries are shot. next year we will have time to get things fixed and water test it before taking it to Erie in July. so, next year I may have things to report. but i believe it will be a much better year if i can just get my son on the right page.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2022 at 1:17 PM, sherman brown said:

he hasn't touched the boat since to find the problem. I am 71 and have trouble getting around or up in the boat but I did find both batteries are shot. next year we will have time to get things fixed and water test it before taking it to Erie in July. so, next year I may have things to report. but i believe it will be a much better year if i can just get my son on the right page.

I'm sure that this year will be better and the weather and nature gives us the best timespending!

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics