live crawlers vs. gulp typ

Haha... Good question I was just talking to my buddy about this ... I don't mind the worms but getting the dirt on your hands gear and all over the boat when the bite is on is a pain the gulp type worms would be great if they work as well ... I told him someone had to try this .. Thanks for posting Chuck 

• Like 2

I fish on the St Lawrence some , I like to jig with plastics mostly, but pulling harnesses with crawlers works ,but also

catches a bunch of gobies and perch . Guys I know up there use the artificials ( gulp) on harnesses to cut down on junk fish.  Ive caught eyes on the gulps , it does work , and dont need refrigeration.

Gulp and all the artificial baits work but at the end of the day 90% of the time you will not beat a real night crawler for some reason! Least I never seen it we have tryed almost all of them real worm wins. But if you need to pick a artificial I would go gulp. That's just my opinion on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 6 months later...
11 minutes ago, backoneerie2016 said:

Took a seminar over the weekend taught by Mark Romanak. Found out if you put your crawlers in ice water they will swell up and get bigger. Helps keep you boat clean. You throw them out at the end of the fah

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Thats an awesome tip.  Do you actually submerge them entirely in water?  I do a lot of "worm" fishing with my daughters, might try this next time we go out.  My boat always ends up a mess!

• Like 1

I use a plastic coffee canister, I get out 5-6 worms and throw them in there with it about half full of water, when i run out I pull out more. only have to wash my hands every once in a while. If the fish are biting well I will put more in at a time. 

I do the same thing. It stretches the worms out and keeps them clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, backoneerie2016 said:

Took a seminar over the weekend taught by Mark Romanak. Found out if you put your crawlers in ice water they will swell up and get bigger. Helps keep you boat clean. You throw them out at the end of the fah

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

We put our worm in an old insulated lunch box.  We take them out of the dirt & put them in the box with water & ice. No dirty mess & they stay nice & firm.  At the end we put them back in the dirt & in the refridg.  works great!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Put your crawlers in some spagnum moss.  I should be available at most pet shops.  It keeps the crawlers pretty clean, doesn't make a big mess in the boat, and you can just throw the can of worms back into the fridge without transferring them.  Just keep the moss a bit damp and they will keep for weeks!

I have them, call me if you're interested in one. $40 7167965372Thanks, Jim

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Haha... Good question I was just talking to my buddy about this ... I don't mind the worms but getting the dirt on your hands gear and all over the boat when the bite is on is a pain the gulp type worms would be great if they work as well ... I told him someone had to try this .. Thanks for posting Chuck 

I like the idea of a cheap little lunch hard plastic lunch cooler you can pick up at Walmart for $8 instead of $40..but hey, that's just me..does the same thing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics