I heard there was a way to catch em in the day in May at the 25 tp 30 ft level but never had much luck, now I got some confidence to go give it a try again.  Thanks.  Paper says slime starting to show up in lower river, bar area so night fishing window gonna close soon, nice to have a good second option after the slime and until they get in their summer pattern.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

Lost 3 and boxed 10 (2#-5#) this morning (9:30 - 12:30). All bottom bouncing with harnesses. Single blade; chartreuse/silver and copper. Interesting...2 came on a harness with a gobie attached rather then a crawler. Fun morning.

• Like 1

It was a beautiful night on the water. We fished 8p-12a in front of the windmills in 15-20 fow. Tried 1.5-2.2 running sticks took several smallies but no walleye. It was one of the calmest most peaceful times I’ve had on the water. Lots of boats out there seemed like most people were minding their manors. Saw these guys wading in front of smokes creek and fly fishing. Pretty cool idea. Have a great Memorial Day and take a moment to remember what’s it’s all about. IMG_4029.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

Fished 7:00 - 10:45 PM last night (Sunday).  Started midway through the windmills in 15 - 25 FOW and moved south.   Off the beach and Hamburg in the dark in 8 - 15 FOW.  Stickbaits after dark and smaller sticks and Flickershads during daylight.  Three smallies, 1 sheephead and 1 walleye (22").  Eye was taken before dark and quickly lost what I assume was an eye after dark.  Great night to be out.

• Like 2

Walleye spawning must be fishing, a two week wait for them to turn on n midwaters. Soon it will happen for side planers and stick baits or worm harnesses.

What’s wrong with it right now?Walleye bite is on!!!! Need to be in the right spot and the correct presentation

Not a bad day finished with the old man and my brother so I did more rigging than anyting had a good time they mostly wanted to fish for Smallmouth we did that for three-quarters of the day. The last two hours we bought them bounced and managed for walleyes 29 ft of water deep side of the lawn bar20220605_153610.jpg20220605_085459.jpg20220605_080552.jpg20220605_071716.jpg20220605_103336.jpg20220605_113024.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

Sunday we trolled between Ford plant and Hambug town park,29 to 32 fow. Ran 5 color off inlines with renowskis.  Put 10 eyes in boat and some Bass and Sheephead too. Also ran 2 small slidedivers on #3 out 80-85 ft. ,They caught a few too. All eyes were 16" - 22" probably all males. Friends nearby bottom boanceing with harnesses way out fished us.  They limited out by  mid morning. They were using electric bow mount motors. We'llsee where the Eyes are this week

• Like 2

Hey All It’s likely to get quiet in here for the next ten days as the Southtowns derby has started. I’m hopefully to get out tomorrow evening, during the week and with my kids for Father’s Day. Good luck everyone. Feel free to post up pics, no judgement if you don’t want to share the details! Stay safe and tight lines!

Saturday we fished the high banks area little east of Meyers then moved to Seneca area west and north of red buoy. We put 13 eyes in the box lots of Bass and Sheephead too. Also 2 catfish. About 30-35 fow. Five color with stick baits off inline boards was best rod. Small slide diver took some also.Our eyes were bigger on average then ones we caught last week, biggest was 27.5" 8.5 lbs.

• Like 2

Had Another go this afternoon. Boated one immediately as we were setting lines in 40fow. Moved around had a good screen in 50fow but couldn’t move a rod. 4hrs on the water. Beautiful night.

We’ve had some interesting times so far this season for one reason or another. Boat has been unnamed but she may become “The Clown Show” if I can’t pull it together!

Tight lines all. Forecast doesn’t look to promising for tomorrrow or Friday.

• Like 2

Gave it a go today with my kids. We made one pass inside the break wall dragging some sticks and then swung down to the round house and trolled with the wind for a bit. Caught one smallie. First year in a while we haven’t boated a weigher for the derby. Still figuring it out fishing out of Buffalo. Most importantly a great time was had. Happy Fathers Day!

• Like 2

I fished Fathers Day morning with a rookie friend. Hated the wind coming straight out of North. Ran all stickbaits 7color and 5color of inlines,also small dipseys back 100-120. Best area was west of Seneca 40-50 fow. Put 7 eyes in the box. Should have been more but some rookie mistakes. There moving to deeper water. Back at it this weekend. 

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics