The "Catt" perch report.

Hamburg Town Park has the excavator digging the sand and three Rock Trucks hauling it down the beach

Sturgeon Point has Town employees working on the dock and ramp A small gap open near shore for small boats. Bring hip boots to handle the boat. About ten boats anchored up together not far offshore.

One boat off Meyers Reef Probably perching since bass and walleye seasons are closed.

Catt Creek HanoverTown Parking lot 120 per cent full. First right turn after the railroad tracks.  One boat boxed out in one hour of perch. $10 launch fees here and Hidden Harbor which also was 80% full. Hanover only one dock available, so bring your hip boots. The near shore water was solid mud with the Catt and Eighteen Mile Creeks flowing mud and debris from all the rainfall. 

Most boats out were 16 to 18 foot long aluminum outboards.

gg

The state employees are doing a great job with about half of the slips in at the Sunset state park already, only one of the docks in at Hanover made recovering and launching slow today. The perch bite was pretty good today, a few guys boxing out , we took 80 fish mostly females today some in the 14” range...

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

Boat trailers were forced to park at the closed Lake Shore Hospital parking lot due to forced Lake Erie access at Sturgeon Point and the Cattaraugus Creek State ramp closed for the dock leasing agency using it to construct their docks they rent out. The perch fishing this spring is successful with plenty of 14-inch perch being caught now with the cold springtime water temperatures. Drivers had a long walk to recover their trailers and vehicles. Criticism of the town of Evans elected official and supervising employees for the Sturgeon Point Marina failure again. State recovery of the Sturgeon Point Marina for maintenance and operations is being suggested. One happy fellow is Miller's Bait store with higher bait prices.

I’m thankful for Millers bait shop, and I find his prices reasonable considering I don’t want to go dip for my own bait. He always answers the phone and is honest about what he has or doesn’t have. This past Friday , he told me he went on a bait run at midnight to ensure he would have bait for Saturday morning. I was there at 6am Saturday and he had bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 3

The top boat perch catch last weekend was 420 perch from one boat. Dave's Bait Store and Weber's Bait stores in the town of Evans appeared to be closed as I drove in last afternoon. Probably caused by the failure of The Sturgeon Point Marina operational loss. Switching over to plastics seemed to work in the Finger Lakes this last winter.

Went out Saturday from the Catt. Could only manage 3 perch. Not sure how other guys did but at the launch overheard talk about the north eastern wind, though one boat had some huge perch. I tended to try and stay away from the pack of boats. Maybe that was my problem. It was my first time to use my new Terrova TM. Still getting used to it but beats using an anchor! Can't wait to try it trolling for salmon in Ontario.

Will probably put the perch rods up and start hunting walleye

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics