The "Catt" perch report.

Keeping plenty of bait around holds the perch schools near your boat. Groups of boats produce better catches than single boats fishing alone. If you see a boat catching perch, hang nearby and all boats will produce together.

Sure !!!Throw an anchor right next to the boat, so that they can’t fish without snagging your anchor rope

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Perch are still there.  Didn't put in until 6:00pm (going eye fishing).  Perch fished for an hour or so and caught 15.  All the females we caught had eggs still.  Went for eyes after that and netted 7 of them.  Got off water at midnight.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, weactual said:

So first trip out of the cat this weekend - only managed a few perch.  I did not mark many fish, wondering if better off pivoting to walleye...

I think you can still have decent catches. Last year at this time, we were still having success...... 50 - 60 perch. Because of gas prices, I haven't been making the trip as often as last year. My last trip to the Catt was about 3 weeks ago, and we boated 43. So it's worthwhile for sure, and probably more productive than fishing for walleyes during the daylight hours......... at least for me it is. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went out yesterday out of SP. Found perch from 56 to 60 for everywhere we went quit a few shorts but still manage 38 with a dozen or so 14" empty females. Many more 10+ inches.  They are not really schooled up and for sure your not going to see them on your Graff. They're belly to the bottom and loaded with baifish.  Did manage one decent eye too.  Only fished 4 hrs so not a bad day at all.   Beware of tree out straight from the entrance of harbor sticking up like 18" out of water.  In about 30fow. 

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics