Lure set back with downriggers

this past week we been using a lot with sticks downrigger on the bottom we running a stacker release six from ball running the stickbait 25 ft from the ball   when we see fish hugging the bottom we rock the  boat so the ball scuffs the bottom in front of the fish its been working for us   give a try   yellowpike :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:

Edited by yellowpike
  • Like 2

Yellowpike, I used to do something similar when fishing lake ontario for lakers.  we attach to our canon ball a piece of stiff wire bent such that two "ears" hung approx. 18" below and to the sides of the canon ball.  when trolling the wire ends would tick or drag bottom, lessening the chance of a cannonball getting snagged, which I have done and definitely don't recommend  :(  

kicking up the bottom definitely works on bottom hugging fish  :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Yellowpike, I used to do something similar when fishing lake ontario for lakers.  we attach to our canon ball a piece of stiff wire bent such that two "ears" hung approx. 18" below and to the sides of the canon ball.  when trolling the wire ends would tick or drag bottom, lessening the chance of a cannonball getting snagged, which I have done and definitely don't recommend  :(  

kicking up the bottom definitely works on bottom hugging fish  :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics