Buffalo Walleye report

Went out of SBH yesterday, 6/2, and fished from 6AM-1PM.  Trolled with sticks and harnesses in 25-42FOW.  Got 2 in first hour and lost 1 then not another eye for the rest of the day (3 sheeps and 1 bass).  Didn't see any nets moving on other boats.  Water temp was 60 on surface - forgot probe for fishhawk so not sure what bottom temp is.

• Like 1

Ran out towards Hamburg for a while and ended up towards the windmills. Mostly in 32-38’. Running harnesses at about 1.3. Did not mark much at all the entire evening. Caught a couple of sheepshead and a smallmouth. No walleye.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

Went out this morning 7-1pm. Guy at launch said even the charter captains aren't fishing Buffalo area for walleye. I got nadda. Not even a sheepshead. Ran sticks on lead core and drifted harnesses. Did not mark much either. May switch up and start going for salmon in Ontario

• Like 1

When you are not marking fish on the bottom, they are are near the surface. Your boat spooks them away and your side planers move your shallow stick baits out to where the fish moved from your boat. When the surface temperature rises above 65 degrees they will bring them deeper.

• Like 1

JUST ADD TO THE DISCUSSION I AM NOT SAYING YOUR WRONG ABOUT NOT MARKING FISH ON THE BOTTOM SO THEY ARE UP NEAR THE SURFACE. I AM SURE THIS IS TRUE AT TIMES. HOWEVER YESTERDAY ANOTHER WALLEYE FISH REPORT FROM PA. ON L. ERIE  2 FELLOWS GOT A 2 MAN LIMIT IN 40 FEET IN 2 HOURS. HE SAID " WE MARKED NO FISH THE KEY WAS TO BE NEAR THE BOTTOM" THERE ARE NO ABSOUTES IN WALLEYE FISHING. I HAVE ALSO HAD DAYS WHEN I MARKED NO FISH ON THE BOTTOM AND HAMMERED THEM, BUT I PREFER TO SEE MARKS. I HAVE ALSO SEEN DAYS WHEN THERE WERE BIG MARKS THAT FILLED THE SCREEN TOP TO BOTTOM AND COULDN'T CATCH A FISH. THAT'S FISHN BUT I PEFER CATCHN. I AM ALSO A SKI AND MY NAME IS JIM. HAVE A GREAT DAY. :emoticon-0142-happy:

IMGP0084.JPG

• Like 1

Went out this morning 7-1pm. Guy at launch said even the charter captains aren't fishing Buffalo area for walleye. I got nadda. Not even a sheepshead. Ran sticks on lead core and drifted harnesses. Did not mark much either. May switch up and start going for salmon in Ontario

W

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jimski2 said:

When you are not marking fish on the bottom, they are are near the surface. Your boat spooks them away and your side planers move your shallow stick baits out to where the fish moved from your boat. When the surface temperature rises above 65 degrees they will bring them deeper.

I was using planer boards with the lead core. Two weeks ago I got three on the same set up. Maybe I should have gone without the lead core and just flat lined. I'm still new to fishing walleye so not really good at knowing where they should be yet.

• Like 1

First time out this morning, (not in the STWT), trolled for 6 hours and only managed 1 walleye,  1 bass and 1 sheephead.  worked hard and threw the kitchen sink at them. Trolled in front of the windmills, out to the condo's and to meyers reef.  For all the suposed great spawning thats been happening the last few years, where are all the walleye?

• Like 1

THIS IS THE EARLIEST FOR ME TOO USUALLY START AFTER THE 4TH MYSELF.  DOES THE STWD ALWAYS THE SAME DATES? YOU THINK THEY WOULD PICK DATES WHEN THE BITE IS NORMALLY ON. I KNOW THE POOR WALLEYE FISHING HAS TO SOMETHING TO DO WITH THAT BIG COLD FRONT BUT THEY GOT TO BE SOMEWHERE FEEDING ON SOMETHING BY NOW YOU'D THINK. THAT'S FISHN.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics