Buffalo Walleye report

GREAT JOB NICE FISH!!!! I ASSUME YOU WENT OUT SMALLBOAT HARBOR.  I KNOW WHERE THE ROUND HOUSE IS, THE CONDO'S BUT I NEVER HEARD OF THE ELBOW UNTIL THIS YEAR AND HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT'S LOCATED OR WHAT IT IS;  CAN YOU HELP ME WITH WHAT IT IS AND IT'S LOCATION PLEASE.

7 hours ago, rkp said:

Went out today with my son out near the line past the elbow 60 ft of water pulling bottom bouncers dipsy and leg Gore 5 to 7 color. Picked up a two-man limit. Including a 31 inch 10.5 lb!PXL_20210723_233148503.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

NICE FISH CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT AND WHERE THE ELBOW IS PLEASE?

The elbow is where the Canadian border angle changes and runs to the southwest , approximately due north from 18 mile creek. We also fished there yesterday and had pretty good luck, ended up with 9 and lost 3, should have limited out, I ran out from Buffalo but Sturgeon Point is closer. Purple and black worked best ran dipsys and riggers all on harnessses

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rutnut said:

The elbow is where the Canadian border angle changes and runs to the southwest , approximately due north from 18 mile creek. We also fished there yesterday and had pretty good luck, ended up with 9 and lost 3, should have limited out, I ran out from Buffalo but Sturgeon Point is closer. Purple and black worked best ran dipsys and riggers all on harnessses

COOL THANKYOU GLAD TO HEAR FISH BACK IN BUFFALO AREA MUCH CLOSE FOR ME THAN BARCELONA. THANKS FOR CLARIFICATION AND UPDATE!!!  :emoticon-0142-happy:

Managed 2 walleye out of Buffalo on Thursday, had 2 other boats out same thing, DEC @ launch was conducting creel census said that the best catch at the time was 5 fish , I believe that according to a recent report on the Sturgeon point thread, the fish may be moving westward..

• 1 month later...

I GOT TO FISH WITH J. SPARROW YESTERDAY OUT OF CATT RETURNING THE FAVOR OF FISHING OUT OF HIS BOAT HIS WAY.  I WAS GOING TO SHOW THE SPARROW HOW TO BOTTOM BOUNCE THE KISS WAY. ( KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID WAY.) SO WE WENT TO 75 FT PUT THE N WIND AT OUR TAIL AND STARTED GOING SHALLOWER TRYING TO MAKE CONTACT WITH THE EYES. GUESS WHAT NO BITES IN 2 HRS.  OH NO I KNEW IT MIGHT BE TUFF BUT TUFF AS NAILS YIKES EMBARRASSING. HOWEVER I HAD MENTIONED TO SPARROW DON'T BE AFRAID TO MAKE SUGGESTIONS SO HE DID TG!!! OUT TO DEEPER WATER WE WENT. LOOK AT THE FF'ER THERE WERE SUSPENDED EYES AND BAIT  BUT I ONLY HAD  BOTTOM BOUNCER'S  WITH WORM HARNESSES AND BIG SINKERS WERE WE GOING TO BONK EM ON THE HEAD THEN NET THEM? SPARROW SUGGESTS WE ONLY LOWER OUR BB'ERS  FAR ENOUGH TO FIND THE STRIKE ZONE OF THE ELUSIVE EYES. SHORTLY THERE AFTER BANG A BITE SPARROW SAYS FISH ON OMG IT WORKS!!! THERE WAS GOLD IN THE NET IN THE BOX IN THE FRYING PAN. THE FISHING WASN'T FAST AND FURIOUS BUT WE GOT 8.  THE KID HAD 3 ON THAT I LOST PLUS WE BOTH MISSED SOME HITS. SO I LEARNED A LOT BECAUSE I GOT A LOT TO LEARN.  IF FISH AREN'T SHALLOW GO DEEP AND 2 AGAINST 1 WORKS AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO BONK EM ON THE HEAD OR SET OFF DEPTH CHARGES WHEN THE FISH ARE DEEP AND SUSPENDED!!!  THANKS J. SPARROW FOR YOUR EXPERTISE, SUGGESTIONS AND COMRADERY.  WE'LL DO IT AGAIN SOMETIME LORD WILLING AND THE CREEK DON'T RISE! :emoticon-0111-blush:

• Like 1

GREAT JOB NICE FISH!!!! I ASSUME YOU WENT OUT SMALLBOAT HARBOR.  I KNOW WHERE THE ROUND HOUSE IS, THE CONDO'S BUT I NEVER HEARD OF THE ELBOW UNTIL THIS YEAR AND HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT'S LOCATED OR WHAT IT IS;  CAN YOU HELP ME WITH WHAT IT IS AND IT'S LOCATION PLEASE.

It’s the Canadian US border line where it bends it’s called the elbow

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics