Buffalo Walleye report

I make mine out of the wire I make them with the quick change clevis’s so you can change blade colors. Don’t have to carry as many actual harnesses. And blades don’t take up much room either. Also in five years I can only remember one breaking. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RandyD said:

Not sure what they cost at captain bobs Because I make my own but I try to buy what I can from him instead of the big chain stores. I like my money staying local.  And his prices are usually the same if not cheaper. 

10 - 4 on that...I'm the same way.  Let's keep it local boys 

Fished inner harbor and the line from the roundhouse to just past the elbow yesterday am. Picked up 11 from the inner harbor (15" to 20") plus lots of shorts, sheepshead and a nice 24" pike! All b bouncing and snap weights/ inline  on worm harnesses. Copper/brass continues to be good along with rotten tomato & watermelon. Marked alot of fish out on the line from 12pm to 2pm along with lots of baitfish. Looked great just not interested in my offerings other than a nice smally. Windmills didn't look good at all.

• Thanks 1

fished out of Buffalo this morning from 6:30- 11:30 in 58- 60 foot of water, ended up with 6, 5 on the downrigger at 53' and 1 on 7 color lead core, 1 on sticks and 5 on harnesses, silver back seem to work better than copper.  Marked what seemed to be a lot of bait and fish higher up in the water column, when we marked fish in the 50- 56 foot range they were walleye.  Still seems pretty slow for this time of year.

2 of us fished for 6 hrs, however we met a husband and wife at the cleaning station that were fishing the same area: they ended up with 9 really nice fish. They were bottom bouncing with 3way rigs and 5 ounces of lead, going really slow.. also we marked a lot of fish and bait in that area

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

2 of us fished for 6 hrs, however we met a husband and wife at the cleaning station that were fishing the same area: they ended up with 9 really nice fish. They were bottom bouncing with 3way rigs and 5 ounces of lead, going really slow.. also we marked a lot of fish and bait in that area

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United
Was out near the line west of Seneca shoal yesterday. Had b bouncers, snap weights, and lead core with worm harnesses. Also pulled a bandit at 37 ft off a board. Nothing! While seeing my screen like this! What do you see on this screen? PXL_20210715_152723573.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I HAD A DAY LIKE THAT OUT IN FRONT OF THE SBH  BETWEEN SENECA SHOALS AND THE LINE 5 YEARS AGO. THERE WERE AS MANY FISH ON THE SCREEN AS I HAD EVER SEEN AND WE COULDN'T BUY A BITE OF ANY KIND. SO WE FINALLY QUIT TOTALLY FRUSTRATING. TO MUCH BAIT?

I HAD A DAY LIKE THAT OUT IN FRONT OF THE SBH  BETWEEN SENECA SHOALS AND THE LINE 5 YEARS AGO. THERE WERE AS MANY FISH ON THE SCREEN AS I HAD EVER SEEN AND WE COULDN'T BUY A BITE OF ANY KIND. SO WE FINALLY QUIT TOTALLY FRUSTRATING. TO MUCH BAIT?
I met a guy at the fish cleaning station that said the dec wanted to clean his fish if they could examine them and take samples. The dec told him this is the best year for the bait fish in lake Erie. And he happened to have a nice catch, six to eight fish all 22 to 28 in. He said he launched out of sturgeon and I believe he came towards Buffalo because he said the ride back to sturgeon was tough.

18 minutes ago, rkp said:

I met a guy at the fish cleaning station that said the dec wanted to clean his fish if they could examine them and take samples. The dec told him this is the best year for the bait fish in lake Erie. And he happened to have a nice catch, six to eight fish all 22 to 28 in. He said he launched out of sturgeon and I believe he came towards Buffalo because he said the ride back to sturgeon was tough.

SOUNDS LIKE A REASONABLE EXPLA NTION ONLY OTHER THING I CAN THINK OF MAYBE THERE NOT WALLEYE MARKS BUT WHO KNOWS?

2 minutes ago, Jimdski said:

Caught over forty sheephead in thirty foot off the Evans Bar using crabs. Largest was 28 inches. Five break offs, good fishing day, lots of action.

FUN FUN, REASONABLY LIGHT TACKLE I WOULD LIKE TO GET MY DAUGHTER AND GRAND SON INTO A DAY LIKE THAT.  LOT OF GOOD SHEEPHEAD RECEIPES ON YOUTUBE AND HOW TO CLEAN THEM SO THEY TASTE GOOD. I AM NOT KIDDING. I'VE EATEN A FEW SMALL ONE TASTED FINE JUST NOT MUCH MEAT ON THE SHOULDERS. MY BUDDY KEEPS A JUNK FISH COOLER ON THE BOAT AND FEEDS THOSE FISH WHOLE TO HIS LABS AND BEAGLES.  SHEEPHEAD BEST FIGHTER IN ERIE OTHER THAN A BIG MUSKY, CAT OR STURGEON. CLEANING A SHEEPHEAD IN THE CLEAN STATION WOULD GET ANYONE SOME MIGHT STANGE LOOKS. SORTA LIKE COOKING RATS! :emoticon-0102-bigsmile:

• Like 1

ONEDIA LAKE:  I JUST GOT A REPORT FROM A FRIEND THAT WENT TO ONEDIA FOR A WEEK 2 FAMILES TWO BOATS GUYS THAT REALLY KNOW THE EAST END OF THE LAKE.  HE SAID IT WAS THE WORST WEEK OF FIUSHING IN 20 YEARS. LOTS OF FISH MARKS, LOT OF BAIT, MAYFLY HATCH GOING NUTS. THIS IS THE 2ND FRIEND OF MINE THAT WENT TO ONEIDA WITH SMILAR RESULTS AND THE SAME CONDITIONS AND  THESE GUYS ARE SERIOUS FISHERMEN.  THIS SOUNDS A LOT LIKE WHAT'S GOING ON IN ERIE THIS YEAR BUT I ALSO BELIEVE THE UNSTABLE WEATHER IS A CONTRIBUTOR TOO.

Was out near the line west of Seneca shoal yesterday. Had b bouncers, snap weights, and lead core with worm harnesses. Also pulled a bandit at 37 ft off a board. Nothing! While seeing my screen like this! What do you see on this screen? PXL_20210715_152723573.thumb.jpg.17f3b57703b2046091f1be88471950c8.jpg

I see a thermocline setup around 42' to 45' with baitfish right above it and the feeding fish hanging out right below it. I'd be targeting about 40' with cranks or spoons and trolling fast (2.5+ knots).

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I see a thermocline setup around 42' to 45' with baitfish right above it and the feeding fish hanging out right below it. I'd be targeting about 40' with cranks or spoons and trolling fast (2.5+ knots).

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Thanks, misdirection! I see it now!

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics