Buffalo Walleye report

My Sentiments exactly. Where are they? Doesn't seem to be any good before late July. Where are the resident Walleyes?

First time out this morning, (not in the STWT), trolled for 6 hours and only managed 1 walleye,  1 bass and 1 sheephead.  worked hard and threw the kitchen sink at them. Trolled in front of the windmills, out to the condo's and to meyers reef.  For all the suposed great spawning thats been happening the last few years, where are all the walleye?

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Terrific accomplishment! I never have any success like that this early. I am always fishing 5,7,8,10 colors, so maybe I'm always too deep!!!

Lake wasnt the best fish were biting tho 91 eyes in the last 3 days 2 n 3 color the best lot of worm harnesses 20210619_155829.thumb.jpeg.d46bc40b1bd200778843319de6793208.jpeg20210619_155810.thumb.jpeg.dc810498f627b05a98adcd5c889c2319.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Hi Gary, just a note that these bigger catches came near the western part of ny waters / PA line. Not from Buffalo area. Hopefully they're headed this way as some reports are indicating. The fact that this is the Buffalo walleye report thread had me going until they clarified location.

• Like 2

Caught 7 and lost several fishing solo 6/23 pm in 45 feet. Nice class of fish mostly 22 to 23" with one 28".  3 color on the rigger 25' down, 5 color, and 7 color. Willow blades in purple/gold and nuke green. 2 to 2.1 mph GPS speed.  most fish caught trolling east. I have only been out 3 times this year and it is getting better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

FISHED THE SMALL BOAT HARBOR ON THURS DUE TO WIND. MY BUDDY AND I  GOT 12 IN 5 HRS TROLLING WORM HARNESSES PERCH AND SILVER IRRIDESENT. JUST EATERS 15 TO 20" AND THE USUAL ASSORTMENT OF TRASH FISH.  WE HAD TO WORK FOR THEM BUT LUCK WAS ON OUR SIDE AS WE TAKED TO OTHER GUYS THAT GOT SUNKED. THE BEST WE HEAD WAS 5.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ciscokid said:

FISHED THE SMALL BOAT HARBOR ON THURS DUE TO WIND. MY BUDDY AND I  GOT 12 IN 5 HRS TROLLING WORM HARNESSES PERCH AND SILVER IRRIDESENT. JUST EATERS 15 TO 20" AND THE USUAL ASSORTMENT OF TRASH FISH.  WE HAD TO WORK FOR THEM BUT LUCK WAS ON OUR SIDE AS WE TAKED TO OTHER GUYS THAT GOT SUNKED. THE BEST WE HEAD WAS 5.

We were out on fathers day and friday in the harbor. 2 man limit and 3 man limit in 4hrs. Like you said lot of trash fish but the eyes are in there too! We kept culling till we had mostly 20" s.  

PXL_20210625_174930042.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it I'm hoping they get here soon. Last year for me wasn't good compared to the two years before.

Hi Gary, just a note that these bigger catches came near the western part of ny waters / PA line. Not from Buffalo area. Hopefully they're headed this way as some reports are indicating. The fact that this is the Buffalo walleye report thread had me going until they clarified location.

So you are using a leadcore on the rigger, like a secret weapon rod? (SWR). Good idea.

Caught 7 and lost several fishing solo 6/23 pm in 45 feet. Nice class of fish mostly 22 to 23" with one 28".  3 color on the rigger 25' down, 5 color, and 7 color. Willow blades in purple/gold and nuke green. 2 to 2.1 mph GPS speed.  most fish caught trolling east. I have only been out 3 times this year and it is getting better. 

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics