Buffalo Walleye report

IMO, walleye can and are extremely nomadic. They are not structured oriented. If you think about the size of the lake and the sheer vastness of the water column, sure they have to be somewhere. But that somewhere is everywhere

THIS IS THE EARLIEST FOR ME TOO USUALLY START AFTER THE 4TH MYSELF.  DOES THE STWD ALWAYS THE SAME DATES? YOU THINK THEY WOULD PICK DATES WHEN THE BITE IS NORMALLY ON. I KNOW THE POOR WALLEYE FISHING HAS TO SOMETHING TO DO WITH THAT BIG COLD FRONT BUT THEY GOT TO BE SOMEWHERE FEEDING ON SOMETHING BY NOW YOU'D THINK. THAT'S FISHN.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I've brought up moving STWT date into July many times. They just don't want to hear it. It used to be week of July 4th and I loved it and so did most of the guys I fish with. Many more fish around then and even if you don't win a prize, you still win a fish dinner and so does everyone on your boat. I know many many people who would pay the $100 per person to enter and the club would make way more money. But they are stubborn about it, so I don't fish it anymore. The prevailing excuse is there are other tournaments going on in July and we don't want to step on any other club's toes. Then get used to having a smaller entry pool and whine about going broke because of the pay out at every meeting. You can lead a horse to the water, but you can't make them drink.

Edited by Puking Dog
clarity
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 1:53 PM, Ckawski said:

Fish always get caught for the tournament you might just have to do different things last year we landed 68 walleye on just sat only fishing till 3pm I'd say that is a good day any month of the year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

AS I HAVE BEEN  READING AND HEARING MOST FISHERMEN ARE NOT HAVING ANYWHERE YOUR KIND OF LUCK ANYWHERE ON ERIE. MAJORITY USUALLY RULES YOUR THE EXCEPTION TO WHATS GOING ON GOOD JOB. I NOTICED YOU DIDN'T SHARE ANY INFO SKI. SO IN MY MIND THAT'S JUST BRAGGING. HOWEVER THE BITE SEEMS TO BE IMPROVING. BE SAFE.  PS: I M A SKI TOO.

• Like 2

Long lining not working, use side planers . Head of the rlver working good towards evening. Commercial Charter boat fishermen fish more lines to locate schools and fuel costs are shared amongst larger groups. The small boat guys can not compete against the larger operations so they fade away from membership in the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

Hmmm... funny how your always the only one catching all these fish but never giving locations or tactics, the whole purpose of this forum is to help other anglers and share info. Everyone else seems to get that. Just like Cisco said. At this point it's either bragging or bs. Either way, that's what fakebook is for

Sent from my SM-N981U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics