2021 @ “The Catt”

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 8:26 PM, ciscokid said:

I WAS TOLD THEY ARE IN UNTIL EARLY NOVEMBER. THE TOWN OF HANOVER TOWN CLERK PHONE NUMBER 716-934-2273

I was told this Sunday they will close for the season

• 2 weeks later...

I made a solo trip and fished the better part of the day for 21...... some real nice fish, but I really didn't find a school to work on until late in the day. 

Made the trip out of my smaller aluminum boat, as my trolling boat is winterized.....  think I'm done till spring, but you never know..... 

Keep warm, keep safe.

• Like 1

as an afterthought........... 19 of the perch were females...... and there were many decent marks that went through my screen at 20 to 40 feet down.... so many that I rigged a slip float with a couple minnows set at 30 down, but it didn't' take a hit...... damn!

carry-on......

I just put my boat up for the winter too. Been fishing with my kayak on Irondequoit and Port Bay for perch. Was a difficult year for me for perch on Lake Erie. I've been wondering if all those marks I've been seeing well above bottom are perch. Thought about investing in a camera just so I can see what the marks are.

• Like 1

Perch are bottom feeders, they do not chase minnows much. They also feed on gobies and mayfly larva'. Shore fishing for perch begins now with 50 degree waters. You do not need to go out to 60 foot depths but 55 foot depths are where the shale bottom meets the mud bottom and the larva come out of the mud.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics