2021 @ “The Catt”

Port of call for 2021 is Catt Creek. I hope Evans gets there business squared away and I can call Sturgeon Point home again someday but until then The Catt it is. Hoping to splash next week or the following and shake everything out for the STWA Tournament. Looking forward to a brand new season. I’ll post up here, please post up as well. Tight lines all. Just broke the old girl out yesterday. IMG_2146.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 5

Wow reports are scarce! I hope Erie is better than Ontario so far.....

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Hoping to splash this weekend, a few delays. Then I’ll get some reports up. Haven’t heard much, sounds like bite has been slow during the day. Folks were doing well at night from shore a week or so ago. Things are just getting started.

• Like 1

Went out yesterday from 6:30am to1pm. Could only manage a sheephead and one perch. Fog was pretty thick in the morning. Very few boats out. It should have told me something. Met a DEC guy back at the launch who measured my one perch and took a fin clip. He told me its been slow for perch lately. Anyway, had perch sandwich for dinner tonight.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 6:41 PM, garrymny said:

I don't know why, but I never have any luck until late July! I just go for Salmon on LO until then, but this year that sucks too.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Did my first LO trip today. Took only a matter of a few minutes (didn't even get my second rod in water) before I had one on. Ended up getting two salmon and one nice bow-lost that first fish. I think I'll wait till walleye reports get better before making the long trek to Erie.

• Like 3

Fished Friday off the windmills 36-40 fow, caught 3 all on watermelon color harnesses. Fished Saturday same area for 2 hours caught nothing. Then fished 3 hours off sturgeon 52-60 fow, 0 fish, though continuously marked fish, mainly on the bottom. 

• Like 2

TO GREG SHOULD HAVE BEEN SPELLED SLOW DEATH.  JUSTFISHN GET MOST OF MY EYES TROLLING WITH THE WIND MYSELF OVER THE YEARS. I'VE FOUND EXCEPT ON CALM DAYS EASIER TO TROLL WITH THE WIND ANYHOW. THE KID IS TURNING 75 IN JULY HAS BEEN FISHN EYES FOR 65 YEARS HERE THERE AND EVERYWHERE MOSTLY ERIE NOW. LAST YEAR I HAD 6 GOOD DAYS 5 BAD DAYS MY WORST YEAR IN 7 YEARS ON ERIE. THIS YEAR SEEMS TO BE STARTING OUT  STRANGE TOO. I TALKED TO BAIT SHOPS THIS WEEK AT BARCELONA, THE CAT, PERSONAL EXPERIENCE OUT OF THE SBH NO ONCE SEEMS TO HAVE GOT THEM FIGURED OUT YET.

• Like 1

TO GREG SHOULD HAVE BEEN SPELLED SLOW DEATH.  JUSTFISHN GET MOST OF MY EYES TROLLING WITH THE WIND MYSELF OVER THE YEARS. I'VE FOUND EXCEPT ON CALM DAYS EASIER TO TROLL WITH THE WIND ANYHOW. THE KID IS TURNING 75 IN JULY HAS BEEN FISHN EYES FOR 65 YEARS HERE THERE AND EVERYWHERE MOSTLY ERIE NOW. LAST YEAR I HAD 6 GOOD DAYS 5 BAD DAYS MY WORST YEAR IN 7 YEARS ON ERIE. THIS YEAR SEEMS TO BE STARTING OUT  STRANGE TOO. I TALKED TO BAIT SHOPS THIS WEEK AT BARCELONA, THE CAT, PERSONAL EXPERIENCE OUT OF THE SBH NO ONCE SEEMS TO HAVE GOT THEM FIGURED OUT YET.

That’s awesome. Keep after it!! Best luck and tight lines. We’ll be back out Thursday and again Sunday (weather permitting) looking to put some weighers in the boat. I’ll post up reports.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ciscokid said:

THE KID IS TURNING 75 IN JULY HAS BEEN FISHN EYES FOR 65 YEARS HERE THERE AND EVERYWHERE 

Damn..... hope you figure them out soon and have a great season! And if we don't remember in a few weeks...... happy 75th birthday!

THANKYOU VERY MUCH WAS BORN IN NIAGARA FALLS FISHED L ERIE UPPER,  LOWER NIAGRA RIVER, ONEIDA, CANADA WITH MY DAD.  WHEN WE FISHED VAN BUREN DAD HAS A 20 HORSE MERC RENTED A LONESTAR TO FISH GOT PLENTY SEASEA BACK THEN ONLY RECENTLY FOUND THE CURE! :emoticon-0100-smile: WENT IN MARINES 64 TO 67 DID NAM. THEN NCCC, SUNY BROCKPORT BEEN SETTLED NEAR LEROY NY FOR 5O YEARS. COUNTRY BOY. BUNCH OF NICE GUYS ON THIS BLOG. STAY SAFE EVERYONE, LIVE LONG AND PROSPER. THE KID LOL

• Like 5

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics