2021 @ “The Catt”

1 hour ago, Justin Emerling said:

emoji106.png do you run a couple or multiple rods

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Everybody has their preference.  I usually keep two bottom bouncers out most of the time as part of the spread.  We just keep them in rod holders and ck them periodically to make sure they are on the bottom.  On days they are hitting the bottom bouncers more I'll add more and remove the downrigger or lead core lines.  It's the easiest and cheapest way to fish and sometimes most effective.  

• Like 2

Check this out this is from my buddy who was out there earlier this weekend. Last year the dec guy said 80% of their diet is goby. I'm sure they still eat perch too I always have spoons with that perch pattern on the lineResized_IMG_20220730_090234206_HDR.thumb.jpg.152181ba3d010577a663afdca6ced9a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Love it. Last week I caught a goby and left it on the worm harness. Caught a big sheep head and then a 4# walleye. I've since bought some artificial gobies to try on the harness

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

Love it. Last week I caught a goby and left it on the worm harness. Caught a big sheep head and then a 4# walleye. I've since bought some artificial gobies to try on the harness

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United
Goby pattern 4 inch spoons on riggers also. Scuff the balls with a stacker 3ft off 10 ft lead

Sent from my SM-G781V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Why is this site so dead ?? I go on LOU all the time lots of shareing info etc. Lots of traffic on LOU. GO on LEU very little traffic and shareing. We fish Erie and Ontario. See lots of boats on both lakes when were out. Why do the L. Ontario guys share so much and Erie guys hardly at all. I just don't get it. We're all fellow Fisherman we should help each other out and wish our fellow Fisherman have the greatest day ever, tomorrow. Thats my HO. 

That's a good question mike... over the last 6 years that I have been a member it has had some slow periods and seems to pick up as August and September arrive. There have been a few people I have noticed who like to quickly criticize others for sharing a their good reports or asking for help on where or how. That can suppress posting. I have enjoyed this forum and the LOU forum and have learned a lot about walleye fishing on here from some great people and fishermen. This year I have only been able to get out once so far in July due to family weddings. I shared my report.

Hopefully this is just a slow stretch and things will pick up again. I think that the tournaments also tend to quiet this forum down and keep people from sharing especially in July. This year I set up separate threads for the major launch port areas and it seems that this old thread from last year has become the most active one recently. I will be getting out in August and September and look forward to posting, sharing and reading reports from others.

Good luck!

Edited by Stillwater

Was out yesterday caught our 3 man limit. 6:30-12:00. we ran 4 dipsy’s with harnesses. I Don’t like using down riggers. I believe the cable hum makes them skiddish. the fish were from 60-85 (bottom) fow.  Don’t be afraid to run your dipsy’s farther back than what the charts say. Hot color was copper and watermelon run on a #2 setting 220’ back on a calibrated counter.  Also we were getting some short strikes early in the morning so we started hooking the trailer hook an inch from the end of the worm. 

• Like 3

Thanks for a good report Randy D. Sounds like you troll alot like we do. Mostly Divers and board rods. The last rod I'll put in will be a rigger, if I put it in at all. We also run mostly sticks. Bomber long A Northern lights has been smoken hot .The weather is killing us this year. Every time we get a chance to go Mother Nature say not today. 

• Like 1

Thanks for a good report Randy D. Sounds like you troll alot like we do. Mostly Divers and board rods. The last rod I'll put in will be a rigger, if I put it in at all. We also run mostly sticks. Bomber long A Northern lights has been smoken hot .The weather is killing us this year. Every time we get a chance to go Mother Nature say not today. 

1 hour ago, ciscokid said:

WHY DO STICK BAITS HAVE TO BE TROLLED SO FAST TO GET L ERIE WALLEYES TO  STRIKE?

Some sticks run better at higher speed, and have more action.

Another benefit is you cover more water faster thereby possibly putting your bait in front of more fish. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Question on Bomber A's... do you prefer the standard or deep model? Thanks.

We run almost all shallow dive sticks. The 4.5 to 5.0 inch. Bomber long A, Renowski shallow diver, Storm thunderstick madflash shallow diver.  We're getting them down where the fish are right now using dipseys (4) .Off the boards its 300 weighted steel, 7 color, and 10 color lead color. Some sticks won't catch fish at 2.0 to 2.5 but these will. Also find these particular stick baits pretty much run true right out of the box. Deep dive sticks alot of time are not running true and straight. Reef runners are the worst IMHO. Bay rats shallow runners are quite good too, but are expensive.

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics