2021 @ “The Catt”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made a solo trip and fished the better part of the day for 21...... some real nice fish, but I really didn't find a school to work on until late in the day. 

Made the trip out of my smaller aluminum boat, as my trolling boat is winterized.....  think I'm done till spring, but you never know..... 

Keep warm, keep safe.

• Like 1

I just put my boat up for the winter too. Been fishing with my kayak on Irondequoit and Port Bay for perch. Was a difficult year for me for perch on Lake Erie. I've been wondering if all those marks I've been seeing well above bottom are perch. Thought about investing in a camera just so I can see what the marks are.

• Like 1

Perch are bottom feeders, they do not chase minnows much. They also feed on gobies and mayfly larva'. Shore fishing for perch begins now with 50 degree waters. You do not need to go out to 60 foot depths but 55 foot depths are where the shale bottom meets the mud bottom and the larva come out of the mud.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like costs for dry dock at Hidden Harbor have gone up significantly for this season. I moved from Sturgeon to Hidden Harbor, and now looks like I’ll be on the move again. Does anyone have any other affordable dry dock solutions between Buffalo and Silver Creek? I just can’t swing the price increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Laws of supply and demand!

Sturgeon Point is no longer a viable option, supply goes down and demand goes up along with cost.

I'm wondering if demand will hold though, with gas prices going thru the roof.

Used boat prices are still high also but I'm betting they will go down soon. I want to upgrade but prices are still in covid crazy mode.

Laws of supply and demand!
Sturgeon Point is no longer a viable option, supply goes down and demand goes up along with cost.
I'm wondering if demand will hold though, with gas prices going thru the roof.
Used boat prices are still high also but I'm betting they will go down soon. I want to upgrade but prices are still in covid crazy mode.

True, I’ve been thinking truck prices will begin dropping as well, but they are still holding strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics