2021 @ “The Catt”

Fished out of the Catt. today, it was a very choppy morning but we managed. Sporadic marks out in 60 FOW and everything we tried didn’t interest them. The lake finally settled down and we moved out to 80 FOW and it was like night and day, lots of fish sitting between 60’ and the bottom and we were able to get 7 nice walleye on the downriggers down 70’ over 80’ of water using worm harnesses. We stayed between the Catt. and maybe a mile or a mile and a half West.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 6

Fished off the Catt yesterday for perch. Started with the pack at 52', not much happening there. Moved out to 71' where we found some action. The marine forecast called for waves 1' or less, but that didn't happen. The Minnkota was struggling to hold us on spot lock. Fished there for 3 hours & ended up with 62. The bite was hot for awhile. Salted emeralds did the trick.  

IMG_2361.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One perch rod in your hand  out fishes three watched rods. This is due that the watched rods lose too much bait and you waste too much time reeling, rebaiting and resetting the other rods. Keep your pole in your hand and quickly set the hook as the fish has it in his mouth. Your catch numbers pile up faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last walleye trip of 2021 for us today.  Fish were west of where we have been working last several weeks.  Managed 8 in the box in 4 hours.  We did not catch a fish on a stickbait.  We also only caught 1 fish on leadcore.  Worm burners off downriggers and spoons off dipseys saved the day for us.  Lake Erie has been very good to us this year.  Good luck to everyone still trying to get a few more for the freezer.EC3C8082-5C68-4C34-95C7-738B7745A9AF.thumb.jpeg.04d2ae31ac451722b09a456af1ea476f.jpegF92AD997-4246-471E-B5A8-96B5DD4F7D4F.thumb.jpeg.1cb4ca0d6b38a132beab051ca6a84f8a.jpeg

• Like 4

80-85 FOW again, fish were taken on riggers at 60&70’, wire dipseys back 170 on a 3 setting, 2.0 down speed.   We set up on our marks from last week but we found scattered pockets of 55* water at lure depths.  After an hour and a half of seeing that and no fish, we went west towards Dunkirk about 2 miles.  Water was stable and 67* at 60’.  We quit at 1130 but I’m sure we could have picked away and finished filing the cooler.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, J. Sparrow said:

Back, and Yellowpike .......... what depth of water did you find fish at, and how deep did most of your fish come?

we fished  off center rd 80 to 85 ft most  fish 60 ft down most fish came on wire dipseys green was good good luck 

What's up dudes tomorrow's wind forecast does not look good. I think I'm going to pass the upgraded tonight's wind and waves now it's one- 3 foot waves and they're still saying to foot or less tomorrow but there's no way if the wind is going to be the same all through the night and in the morning it's got to still be one two threes in the morning I think we're passing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics