2021 @ “The Catt”

Was out Thursday am picked up 2 in 65’ at 8am one on 5 color on a bandit one on dipsey 85 out on setting 2 on a worm harness. Slowed down went out to 85, picked up another on the 5 color and on 2 on dipsey out 200 bandit and harness again.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Fished today out of Sturgeon from 8:30 - 1:30. 58-60 fow right between SP and Pt Abino. 6 in the box and lost one. One was 32”, 9 1/2#. Everything on small dipsies back 150-200 All on chartreuse & silver harnesses. Loads of bait and constant marks on the screen.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United Mobile App
You say small dipsies.
The dipsies that are about 2-2 1/2 inch?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fished today out of Sturgeon from 8:30 - 1:30. 58-60 fow right between SP and Pt Abino. 6 in the box and lost one. One was 32”, 9 1/2#. Everything on small dipsies back 150-200 All on chartreuse & silver harnesses. Loads of bait and constant marks on the screen.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United Mobile App
You say small dipsies.
The dipsies that are about 2-2 1/2 inch?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

took a 1 man limit out of the Catt today...... lots of marks, lots of boats... 3 on sticks on a 10 color off a big board, and 3 on harnesses off the riggers......... fished from low 70's to high 80's..... fish were suspended 50 to 70 down...... rigger fish came from 53 to 76 down.... speed was 1.8 to 2.0...... out front, to a little west.

• Like 3

WENT TO THE CATT ON SATURDAY GOT 11 EYES, TONS OF BOATS HOT SUPER MUGGY BRUTAL FOR THIS OLD GEZER NO BITING FLIES TG!!! FISH WERE SCATTERED AND PICKY THEY WANTED SOMETHING ORANGE AGAIN WE BB'D AT 1.4 MPH WITH WORM HARNESSES. 65 TO 75 FT WE FOUND SOME FISH SO WE PUT DOWN SOME WAY POINTS AND WORKED THEM BUT THERE WERE TIMES WHEN WE WENT 1 1/2 TO 2 HRS W/O A BITE. THEN A LITTLE FLURRY OF BITES. WIND SWITCHED TO OUT OF NORTH AND THE FISH SHUT OFF AT OUR WAY POINTS. WE MADE  A MOVE DEEP OUT IN FRONT OF THE CATT AT 3 PM MUCH LESS BOATS PUT THE WIND AT OUR BACKS TROLLED TOWARDS SHORE PU 3 MORE. WE LOST ONE  MISSED SOME GOOD HITS (DARN)  2 PERCH ONE SHEEPIE THEN HEADED IN. GO BILLS!!!

• Like 5

Fished the Catt yesterday on Saturday from 7- 12, I agree with ciscokid, fished 74 ft - 80 ft, picked up 9 and last a few others,  fish were picky, a flurry of hits and then shut down for a while,  dipseys out 170 - 180, riggers a 53 and 56 (picked ip most of our fish on harnesses) and a 10 core which picked up 2.  trolling speed was 1.8- 2.2.  Fishing at or just above the thermocline seemed best.  Also picked up 3 healthy silver bass., walleye caught were healthy and appeared to be eating well. 

• Like 5

Fished the Catt yesterday on Saturday from 7- 12, I agree with ciscokid, fished 74 ft - 80 ft, picked up 9 and last a few others,  fish were picky, a flurry of hits and then shut down for a while,  dipseys out 170 - 180, riggers a 53 and 56 (picked ip most of our fish on harnesses) and a 10 core which picked up 2.  trolling speed was 1.8- 2.2.  Fishing at or just above the thermocline seemed best.  Also picked up 3 healthy silver bass., walleye caught were healthy and appeared to be eating well. 

We were out there as well, and echo the above. The armada was impressive. We were slightly deeper at 78-83fow. Varied speed from 1.4-2.2. Some fish liked it fast some slow. Very picky. Shut down for us around noon, then we picked up some short before returning to harbor at 3:30. We did best on green and watermelon colors. Popping out rigger lines gave us several fish. Had a few on dipseys and spoons back 125-150. Almost all of our fish were 22-24” and 3.5-4lbs. Fun hot day! Tight lines

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 3

Fished out of the Catt this morning. Got 5 and lost one at the boat.  Also got 4 perch.  Everything was in 72 - 78 fow a little west of the creek.  Best action came on 7 color lead core.  Watermelon harnesses.  Kind of strange as we got 2 in our first 15 min (started around 630) and then the other 4 bites were spread out over the next 3 and half hours.  Had to quit early due to other obligations.  

• Like 4

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics