2021 @ “The Catt”

Fished a couple hours today straight out of the cat in 80-89FOW. Took two lost two others. Trying to refine our dipsey program. We only ran riggers with spoons and dipsey’s with spoons we fished 1.9-2.4mph. Screen was good most of the time. Packed up and ran out to 100 off Dunkirk to take a look and see if we could pick up a few Lakers. Nothing doing and we were out of time so we headed in. Tight lines

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

We fished off catt today August 15, as well. Same story as others that went too deep. We were 75 to 85 FOW. Only caught one walleye, this 9 pounder. We used dipsey diver, leadcore and downriggers. Guy at cleaning station had nice bag. He said they were 60 to 70 and they used all harnesses and did well. Our screens were loaded with more bait than I've ever seen before. 20 to 40 down. Saw some walleyes but not many.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fished out of cat today same results as others that were deep fished 75-85 fow 3 fish between 50-60 ,thermocline at 62. 48 degree water on bottom. Guy at launch had limit fished 62 fow. Light bulb went off but to late will remember next time. Had a nice day on water , gain some insight and couple dinners. Prefect

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

1 hour ago, Rutnut said:

Thanks for the passing the information guys, we are heading out in the morning. Hopefully I’ll be able to get into them tomorrow and report back...

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

GOOD LUCK LOKING FORWARD TO YOUR REPORT!

Tough day out of the Catt today, only boated 2 keepers. Fished all depths between 60- 80 ft . Had friends in 2 other boats ,one got skunked the other boat picked up 1 walleye, thermocline set up @ 42’ . Temps below ranged from 48- 57 degrees, tried to target the fish fish we were marking @ around 50’ , lock jaw! Hopefully the lake will stabilize after a few days of southerly breezes forecast for the next few days!

Tough day out of the Catt today, only boated 2 keepers. Fished all depths between 60- 80 ft . Had friends in 2 other boats ,one got skunked the other boat picked up 1 walleye, thermocline set up @ 42’ . Temps below ranged from 48- 57 degrees, tried to target the fish fish we were marking @ around 50’ , lock jaw! Hopefully the lake will stabilize after a few days of southerly breezes forecast for the next few days!

Thanks for report will tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday morning will report

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

We fished off the Catt today and set up around 60 fow. By the time we hit 65', we had 3 in the box. A lot of boats were working this area but then headed deeper. We did as well and went out to 80'. Some fish suspended around 50 but the screen was pretty bare today compared to previous outings. Did not catch anything out there so headed back to the 60's. We ended up with 4 in the box,  released 2 shorts. One rod with a watermelon harness and a Colorado blade caught all the fish on a dipsy at 85' on a 2 setting. Threw everything in the box at them but they were tight lipped today. The east wind definitely didn't help. 

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics