2021 @ “The Catt”

Agree with the northeast wind and the current pulling east probably isn’t the best scenario. Also I couldn’t find any cooler water, was reading 74 degrees down to the bottom, ( unless my sub-troll is off )

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United
I'm graphing the thermocline at about 60 feet down over 80fow out if northeast....my probes not working ATM but I can see it on graph

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Fished out of the Catt today from 12 pm until 8. Had a slow start in bright part of afternoon but did well from 6 to 8 pm. Ended with our 2 man limit... got 1 early bottom bouncing while we had enough of a breeze. Switched to trolling harnesses on dypsy's in 70 to 78 fow. Watermelon and a purple / red did best. Nothing real big but some nice healthy fish. Great sunset.20210806_233122.thumb.jpg.db1dc0150ead8d283ca2c12e78481def.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dcra said:

Nice catch Stillwater, I'll have to try the evening bite in the next couple of days with these calm conditions. 

FISHED OUT OF BARCELONA WEST OF HARBOR WE  GOT 11, MISSED AND LOST ENOUGH TO HAVE HAD OUR LIMIT. THEY WANTED SOMETHING ORANGE IN 55 TO 70 FOW. HAD ONE FLURRY OF ACTIVITY. BUT REST OF DAY HAD TO WORK FOR THEM  WE BB'D FOR THEM 1.5 SEEMED BEST. MADE A LONG TROLL TIL 5 PM AND COULDN'T GET NUMBER 12. NOTHING BIG 17 TO 24 INCH.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ciscokid said:

FISHED OUT OF BARCELONA WEST OF HARBOR WE  GOT 11, MISSED AND LOST ENOUGH TO HAVE HAD OUR LIMIT. THEY WANTED SOMETHING ORANGE IN 55 TO 70 FOW. HAD ONE FLURRY OF ACTIVITY. BUT REST OF DAY HAD TO WORK FOR THEM  WE BB'D FOR THEM 1.5 SEEMED BEST. MADE A LONG TROLL TIL 5 PM AND COULDN'T GET NUMBER 12. NOTHING BIG 17 TO 24 INCH.

THE OIL IS GOING TO BE HOT TONITE SWEET MEAT AND CORN ON THE COB.:emoticon-0110-tongueout:

• Like 1

Got my first limit of walleye today. Started at 7:30am and had four in the boat within an hour. Then it slacked off until 11:30 when I got my fifth one. End the day with a double so had to let the last one go. Biggest was 23 inches. All came on joined rapalas fished very close to the bottom. They seemed to want it slow, about 1.5 colors were black/silver; black/gold, and yellow/silver. Fished 78 to 82 down. Hits mostly came on down riggers.

B578E435-3057-4AA9-A70D-8EEB39D3119E.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ric66 said:

Got my first limit of walleye today. Started at 7:30am and had four in the boat within an hour. Then it slacked off until 11:30 when I got my fifth one. End the day with a double so had to let the last one go. Biggest was 23 inches. All came on joined rapalas fished very close to the bottom. They seemed to want it slow, about 1.5 colors were black/silver; black/gold, and yellow/silver. Fished 78 to 82 down. Hits mostly came on down riggers.

B578E435-3057-4AA9-A70D-8EEB39D3119E.jpeg

OUT OF THE CATT?

2 minutes ago, Ric66 said:

I just use a small snap without the swivel. Never found a need to use the rapala knot. Seems like the rapalas have enough action just using the snap. If I change to a spoon then I'll exchange for a snap swivel.

THX FOR INFO I HAVE SOME SMALL WALLEYE SPOONS LIKE STINGERS NOT SURE WHAT SPEED TO RUN THEM AT?

Fished a few hours yesterday a few miles west of the Catt. Picked up 2 and worked hard for them. Marks were hard to find at some depths. Best areas were from 75-78 fow. The 2 we got were suspended at 50', and the screen was loaded. Both came off watermelon harnesses, and going slow. Nothing off the bottom.

BF1FDA08-E2DB-4425-B51B-8FA5CF3FE184_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 1

Got a 2 man limit yesterday out of the Catt 77’ fish were tight to the bottom, picked away at them in the morning, fish really turned on later in the day. Filled the box and had 2 on that we had to release when pulled lines , and lost a couple. gold and purple in the morning, later fire tiger blades turned hot . All on dipsys and riggers. Only 1 on a rapala early...

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2021 at 9:38 AM, ciscokid said:

THX FOR INFO I HAVE SOME SMALL WALLEYE SPOONS LIKE STINGERS NOT SURE WHAT SPEED TO RUN THEM AT?

I ran stingers for a little bit on Saturday  for the first time. I didn’t know what speed to run them either. Didn’t get anything so changed to rapalas. Also my speed was all over the place so figured jointed rapalas are more speed forgiving

What limited experience I have with spoons is to run them faster than harnesses, in the 2.0 to 2.5 mph range. I have taken some decent eyes with them.

Tried them under high sun mid day last time out of the Catt and no takers. Harness bite was better but later.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics