2021 @ “The Catt”

7 minutes ago, Bottom Bouncer said:

Fished just west of Barcelona harbor this morning in 58 - 80 fow.  Got 6 from 8-9 and only one more after that.  All of ours came right off the bottom and 5 of our 7 in 65 fow.  Watermelon and black/chartreuse.  Thanks to everyone for the info.  It helped a lot. 

NICE THIS THE WAY THIS SITE SHOULD BE PEOPLE SHARING INFO WITH EACH OTHER NOT JUST BRAGGING.  L ERIE IS A BIG LAKE PLENTY OF FISH NOT MUCH CROWDING OR CHANGE OF FISHING THE LAKE OUT. WOULD I DO THIS ON LITTLE OLD HONEOYE LAKE NOPE.

• Like 1

Hi Turbo, what time of day were you fishing? I have had real tough bites change for the better if I hold out until evening when the sun is lower. Since I have a long ride to get there I don't try for the early morning bite. Mid day is typically slower but things get better as evening approaches.

Also with the full "buck" moon they might have been feeding all night long and weren't hungry?

Keep on it and you will have a big catch soon.

3 minutes ago, Turbodog said:

I fished from 7- noon. I'm going to try again this afternoon and see if that makes a difference. I'm having a hard time getting my boat to slow down to the speeds I want even with running bags. I can only get down to 2.3 or so at the ball and I feel like that might be costing me fish also

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

MOST OF THE FISH BEING CAUGHT OUT OF BARCELONA AND THE SBH ARE IN 55-65 FT OF WATER. SPEED CAN MATTER ON THE OTHER HAND I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY REPORTS OTHER THAN YOURS FISHING OUT OF THE CAT. I WONDER WHY? WERE OTHER BOATS CATCHING FISH?

MOST OF THE FISH BEING CAUGHT OUT OF BARCELONA AND THE SBH ARE IN 55-65 FT OF WATER. SPEED CAN MATTER ON THE OTHER HAND I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY REPORTS OTHER THAN YOURS FISHING OUT OF THE CAT. I WONDER WHY? WERE OTHER BOATS CATCHING FISH?
Talking with the guys around the marina it seems pretty hit or miss. One boat did get 9 yesterday and that's the best I've heard

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

On 7/22/2021 at 9:03 PM, ciscokid said:

GHAUSER, ANY CHANCE YOU COULD SPARE A LITTLE MORE INFO LIKE OUT OF BARCELONA OR THE CAT ETC.  PLEASE. HEAD OUT TOMORROW.

We've been fishing 55-70FOW west of Barcelona.  Fished 5:30am to 10:30am - Caught 24 Thursday and 24 Friday.  All fish suspended at 40-50FOW. Riggers set at 45', Dipseys set at number 3 setting 125' out, 8 colors lead core. Getting ready to leave soon to get out there this morning. Also stopped in 45FOW Friday and threw a jig with half worm and slayed sheepshead on the perch poles for a half hour on the way in.

• Like 3

Fished out of Barcelona again this am.  Got 6 before 9 and then only 4 between 9 and 4.  They were a little deeper today as most of our fish came in 75 fow.  7 of them came off the bottom and 3 came off downriggers.  Watermelon, black/ chartreuse, and red/copper harnesses today.  Also got one short and a perch.  

2 BOATS WENT OUT OF SBH FISHED 50 TO 63 FEET OF WATER. GOT TWO IN 10 MIN AROUND 7:30 AM SAID WE'D DONE BY NOON. THEN THEY GOT LOCKJAW BY 8 AM ONLY GOT ONE MORE AFTER THAT AND FISHED UNTIL 3 PM. THE OTHER BOAT ONLY GOT ONE!!! WE BB'D WITH DIFFERENT COLORED SPINNERS DIFFERENT DEPTHS  EACH BOAT GOT AROUND  6 SH, AS I SAID WORTH REPEATING THERE WERE GREAT MARKS ON THE SCREEN ALMOST EVERYWHERE BUT NO TAKERS TO SPEAK OF. WHY DID THEY BITE AT BARCELONA BUT NOT OUT IN 55" TO 63 IN FRONT OF THE WINDMILLS  OR THE CONDOS' OR PORT ALBINO NOT  WITH GOOD MARKS MOST EVERYWHERE??? :emoticon-0101-sadsmile:

• Like 1

For some reason it was a tough bite yesterday afternoon and evening off of Sturgeon out by the line in 60 to 65 fow. Plenty of marks but the only thing that would bite consistently was the Sheepshead. Moved a bit to get away from them and we managed to get 3 eyes but it was tough slugging. The wind picked up pretty good and the waves built up. Kind of a tough day but that's all a part of this walleye game!!

We're the marks Walleyes? I'm told Walleye marks are not hooks, they are longer stringy lines. I will post a picture if I can find one. Also, we've been over solid screens of walleyes, and they woul not bite a drifted crawler, jig or anything. Had to troll to get them to bite!

2 BOATS WENT OUT OF SBH FISHED 50 TO 63 FEET OF WATER. GOT TWO IN 10 MIN AROUND 7:30 AM SAID WE'D DONE BY NOON. THEN THEY GOT LOCKJAW BY 8 AM ONLY GOT ONE MORE AFTER THAT AND FISHED UNTIL 3 PM. THE OTHER BOAT ONLY GOT ONE!!! WE BB'D WITH DIFFERENT COLORED SPINNERS DIFFERENT DEPTHS  EACH BOAT GOT AROUND  6 SH, AS I SAID WORTH REPEATING THERE WERE GREAT MARKS ON THE SCREEN ALMOST EVERYWHERE BUT NO TAKERS TO SPEAK OF. WHY DID THEY BITE AT BARCELONA BUT NOT OUT IN 55" TO 63 IN FRONT OF THE WINDMILLS  OR THE CONDOS' OR PORT ALBINO NOT  WITH GOOD MARKS MOST EVERYWHERE??? :emoticon-0101-sadsmile:

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

1 hour ago, ciscokid said:

I DON'T BELIEVE THOSE ARE WALLEYES.

HOWDY, I HAVE A LOWARANCE HDS 9 THIOSE RIBBONS ARE NOT WALLEYS IN MHO. LOOK A SOME OF THE OTHER SCREENS ON THIS SITE THOSE ARE WALLEYS AND SHEEPHEAD NO SCREENS HAS RIBBIONS LIKE YOUR SHOWING. I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THOSE RIBBIONS ARE BUT I AM 100% CONFIDENT IN WHAT THEY AREN'T.  THE WALLEYES NEVER SHOW UP IN BIG RIBBONS LIKE YOUR SCREEN NEVER. ONE MORE THING I ALMOST NEVER GET A HOOK LIKE THEY SHOWN WHEN  ADVERTISING PICTURES AND SCREENS. ( MAYBE MY UNIT ISN'T SET UP RIGHT TO SHOW HOOKS?) I HAVE SOME  KINDA LONG ARCHES BUT MOST ARE INDIVIDUAL ALMOST STRAIGHISH FUNNY LOKING THINGS THAT ONE MIGHT SEE UNDER A MICROSCOPE. DON'T HARDLY  LOOK LIKE FISH SO NEED SOME INTERPRETATION WHICH EXPERIENCE TEACHES US.  BUT SOMETIMES MULTIPLE MARKS THAT LOOK UNUSUAL UNTIL YOU LEARN TO READ THEM AND GAIN CONFIDENCE BECAUSE YOU CATCH WALLEYES AFTER SEEING THEM. AS I SAID LOK AS SOME THE SCREENS ALREADY POSTED THOSE GUYS KNOW MOST OF THOSE FISH ARE EYES. TIGHT LINES

1 minute ago, ciscokid said:

HOWDY, I HAVE A LOWARANCE HDS 9 THIOSE RIBBONS ARE NOT WALLEYS IN MHO. LOOK A SOME OF THE OTHER SCREENS ON THIS SITE THOSE ARE WALLEYS AND SHEEPHEAD NO SCREENS HAS RIBBIONS LIKE YOUR SHOWING. I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THOSE RIBBIONS ARE BUT I AM 100% CONFIDENT IN WHAT THEY AREN'T.  THE WALLEYES NEVER SHOW UP IN BIG RIBBONS LIKE YOUR SCREEN NEVER. ONE MORE THING I ALMOST NEVER GET A HOOK LIKE THEY SHOWN WHEN  ADVERTISING PICTURES AND SCREENS. ( MAYBE MY UNIT ISN'T SET UP RIGHT TO SHOW HOOKS?) I HAVE SOME  KINDA LONG ARCHES BUT MOST ARE INDIVIDUAL ALMOST STRAIGHISH FUNNY LOKING THINGS THAT ONE MIGHT SEE UNDER A MICROSCOPE. DON'T HARDLY  LOOK LIKE FISH SO NEED SOME INTERPRETATION WHICH EXPERIENCE TEACHES US.  BUT SOMETIMES MULTIPLE MARKS THAT LOOK UNUSUAL UNTIL YOU LEARN TO READ THEM AND GAIN CONFIDENCE BECAUSE YOU CATCH WALLEYES AFTER SEEING THEM. AS I SAID LOK AS SOME THE SCREENS ALREADY POSTED THOSE GUYS KNOW MOST OF THOSE FISH ARE EYES. TIGHT LINES

ONE LAST THING I HAVE SEEN THOSE RIBBIONS B4 I HAVE NEVER CAUGHT A WALLEYE FROM THEM IN 8 YEARS ON ERIE WITH MY LOWARENCE UNITS. MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE HAS?

3 minutes ago, JustFishin..... said:

They look like this on my Garmin. I’d guess that Lowrance was screen is eyes as well. 64564525418__FC202ED2-77DC-408D-B1F5-285011CC522E.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I WOULD SAY THOSE 2 OR 3 BIG ORANGE MARKS ON YOUR SCREEN  ARE EYES THE REST IS EITHER BAIT OR SOMETHING ELSE.  YOU HAVE 2 OR 3 SPREAD OUT ORANGE MARKS SO IT NOT DISTANCE FROM THE CONE THAT CAUSING THOSE VARIATIONS IN SIZE AND SHAPE OF THE LIGHTER MARKS OR THE THINESS AND THICKNESS OF THOSE OTHER MARKS. WALLEYE/SHEEPHEAD MARKS ARE REASONABLY CONSISTENTEN IN THEIR VARIOUS SIZES AND SHAPES. THAT'S HOW WE ARE ABLE TO READ OUR SCREENS.  IF THOSE ARE ALL WALLEYES I'D BE AMAZED IMHO. THE WALLEYE MARKS ON MY LOWANCE LOOK MOST OF THE TIME LIKE YOUR  STRONG ORANGE MARKS. THERE CAN ALSO CAN BE  CLUTTER JUST UNDER THE SURFACE EVEN CAUSE BY WAVE BUBBLES OR MOTOR INFERFERENCE.  HOWEVER I DON'T THINK THOSE MANY LIGHT MARKS ON YOUR SCREEN ARE EITHER OF THOSE.   INTERFERANCE/SURFACE CLUTTER CAN SHOW UP ON A SCREEN BUT IF TRY TO HAVE A REAL CLEAN SCREEN YOU LOOSE YOUR SENSTIVITY. THOSE HEAVY RIBBONS ON THE OTHER FISHERMAN'S SCREEN ARE NOT WALLEYES THEY JUST DON'T SCHOOL THAT WAY. TIGHT LINES

Hey Guys, the long ribbons are Walleyes. According to a Walleye Charter Captain that gave a class at the Niagara Expo show, he showed screen shots of his fish finder and pointed out the walleyes, versus sheepshead and bass etc. It has to do with the sir bladders. So yes, those longer ribbons, strings are Walleyes. Bass and sheepshead show as hooks. Believe it or not.

I WOULD SAY THOSE 2 OR 3 BIG ORANGE MARKS ON YOUR SCREEN  ARE EYES THE REST IS EITHER BAIT OR SOMETHING ELSE.  YOU HAVE 2 OR 3 SPREAD OUT ORANGE MARKS SO IT NOT DISTANCE FROM THE CONE THAT CAUSING THOSE VARIATIONS IN SIZE AND SHAPE OF THE LIGHTER MARKS OR THE THINESS AND THICKNESS OF THOSE OTHER MARKS. WALLEYE/SHEEPHEAD MARKS ARE REASONABLY CONSISTENTEN IN THEIR VARIOUS SIZES AND SHAPES. THAT'S HOW WE ARE ABLE TO READ OUR SCREENS.  IF THOSE ARE ALL WALLEYES I'D BE AMAZED IMHO. THE WALLEYE MARKS ON MY LOWANCE LOOK MOST OF THE TIME LIKE YOUR  STRONG ORANGE MARKS. THERE CAN ALSO CAN BE  CLUTTER JUST UNDER THE SURFACE EVEN CAUSE BY WAVE BUBBLES OR MOTOR INFERFERENCE.  HOWEVER I DON'T THINK THOSE MANY LIGHT MARKS ON YOUR SCREEN ARE EITHER OF THOSE.   INTERFERANCE/SURFACE CLUTTER CAN SHOW UP ON A SCREEN BUT IF TRY TO HAVE A REAL CLEAN SCREEN YOU LOOSE YOUR SENSTIVITY. THOSE HEAVY RIBBONS ON THE OTHER FISHERMAN'S SCREEN ARE NOT WALLEYES THEY JUST DON'T SCHOOL THAT WAY. TIGHT LINES

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics