2021 @ “The Catt”

THX CRESTCOM21 OUTSTANDING APPRECIATE THE REPORT. MAY I ASSUME THE U WERE IN 45' TO 55 FT FISH NEAR THE BOTTOM OR SLIGHTLY SUSPENDED,  NOT OVER A 100 FT FISH SUSPENDED. I HAVE NEVER FISHED BY PA LINE SO NOT FAMILIAR WITH DEPTH OF WATER.

THX CRESTCOM21 OUTSTANDING APPRECIATE THE REPORT. MAY I ASSUME THE U WERE IN 45' TO 55 FT FISH NEAR THE BOTTOM OR SLIGHTLY SUSPENDED,  NOT OVER A 100 FT FISH SUSPENDED. I HAVE NEVER FISHED BY PA LINE SO NOT FAMILIAR WITH DEPTH OF WATER.

CRESTCOM21 OUTSTANDING THX FOR THE REPORT!!!  MAY I ASSUME THE EYES WERE 45 TO FT DOWN  NEAR THE BOTTOM OR SLIGHTLY SUSPENDED NOT 100FT SO TO SAY  SUSPENDED.  I'VE  NEVER FISHED NEAR PA LINE SO NOT FAMILAR WITH DEPTH OF WATER THERE.

1 hour ago, CrestCom21 said:

Sorry about that, yes 45' to 55' deep water fish were close to bottom 40' and down.

THX, sorry about all the repeats it wouldn't submit and save so I kept clicking submit again again. i don't know if I lost my  internet connection or what? Probably.

I wandered across the line once many years ago, by mistake. I realized it when the boats around me had PA registration's.

I had a hand held e trex summit at the time (for hunting) and it gave my position.

I quickly got out my charts and plotted my GPS coordinates and sure enough, in Pa.

I now have a Navionics chip in my GPS fish finder and it probably has Pa line.

I know for sure it has Canadian line, cause I fish near it all the time.

Edited by Puking Dog
spelling

I checked my Navionics Boating mobile app on my phone and the state line is on it. It is also on my chart plotter Navionics chip that I use in my Lowrance Hook 5 unit.

If you look at a map there is a point that goes out a little ways after crossing into PA. This is where Twentymile creek goes into the lake. A little farther west there is a Marina called North east marina. These are a couple landmarks but I have never been there.

13 hours ago, ciscokid said:

PA LINE???  CAN SOMEONE  PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU KNOW YOUR NEAR THE  LINE (LANDMARKS) I'VE NEVER FISHED THERE. PLANNING TO GO ON FRIDAY OUT OF BARCELONA. I HEARD IT'S ABOUT 11 MILES? THX

As your headed west down the lake you will go past a building with a red roof, (this is a good spot to stop and try) then you will see some sort of a tower, and finally their is a campground you can't miss it. That camp ground is on the NY side of the state line, Just barley. I have a Lakemaster chip that shows the line clearly. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrestCom21 said:

As your headed west down the lake you will go past a building with a red roof, (this is a good spot to stop and try) then you will see some sort of a tower, and finally their is a campground you can't miss it. That camp ground is on the NY side of the state line, Just barley. I have a Lakemaster chip that shows the line clearly. Hope this helps.

THX A LOT THAT DOES HELP I HAVE A NAVIONICS CHIP SHOWS CANADIAN LINE,  I DON'T KNOW ABOUT PA LINE NEVER BEEN NEAR IT. HOW MANY MILES APPROX FROM BARCELONA TO RED ROOF AND PA LINE?  I'VE HEARD ABOUT THE RED ROOF SPOT BEFORE. MY BOAT IS 17.5 CRESTLINER RAPTOR W/115HP MERC. I REALLY DON'T TO DRIVE ANY FURTHER THEN I HAVE TOO TO FIND FISH.

17 minutes ago, ciscokid said:

THX A LOT THAT DOES HELP I HAVE A NAVIONICS CHIP SHOWS CANADIAN LINE,  I DON'T KNOW ABOUT PA LINE NEVER BEEN NEAR IT. HOW MANY MILES APPROX FROM BARCELONA TO RED ROOF AND PA LINE?  I'VE HEARD ABOUT THE RED ROOF SPOT BEFORE. MY BOAT IS 17.5 CRESTLINER RAPTOR W/115HP MERC. I REALLY DON'T TO DRIVE ANY FURTHER THEN I HAVE TOO TO FIND FISH.

Not sure about red roof barn. But the line is 9.5 miles from Barcelona harbor 

2 hours ago, ciscokid said:

I've never checked, but if the line is 9.5 miles as glowgetter says, I'd guess its it about 6-7 miles to Red Roof. That's the exact same boat I had prior to my Commander, I understand!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CrestCom21 said:

I've never checked, but if the line is 9.5 miles as glowgetter says, I'd guess its it about 6-7 miles to Red Roof. That's the exact same boat I had prior to my Commander, I understand!

50 minutes ago, CrestCom21 said:

GOOD BOAT FOR 2 GUYS AS YOU KNOW IN 3 FOOTERS OR LESS IT CAN HANDLE 4'S IF YOUR SOMEWHAT SLOW AND CAREFUL BUT NOT MUCH FUN PRETTY WET TOO.  I CAN FISH 4 RODS EASY, FITS IN THE GARAGE PAID FOR AND EASY TO PULL. THX AGAIN PS: YOU SOUND LIKE A GOOD COMMANDER.   :emoticon-0100-smile: 

1 hour ago, ciscokid said:

GOOD BOAT FOR 2 GUYS AS YOU KNOW IN 3 FOOTERS OR LESS IT CAN HANDLE 4'S IF YOUR SOMEWHAT SLOW AND CAREFUL BUT NOT MUCH FUN PRETTY WET TOO.  I CAN FISH 4 RODS EASY, FITS IN THE GARAGE PAID FOR AND EASY TO PULL. THX AGAIN PS: YOU SOUND LIKE A GOOD COMMANDER.   :emoticon-0100-smile: 

Thanks. One more bit of info. The bite is slow in the AM, seems to pick up around 11am, and after noon was the best bite.

Let me know how you do tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, CrestCom21 said:

Thanks. One more bit of info. The bite is slow in the AM, seems to pick up around 11am, and after noon was the best bite.

MY KIND OF FISHING AT MY AGE I DON'T GET SOLID UNINTERUPTED SLEEP, GOT TO HIT THE HEAD ABOUT EVERY 2 HRS EVEN WITHOUT A PROSTRATE.  SO I FORCE MYSELF TO GET UP EARLY. :emoticon-0101-sadsmile:  DRIVING TIME TO BACELONA ABOUT 1 HR 45 MIN FROM MY HOUSE.  CERTAINLY IF THERE IS A BRIGHT MOON I HAVE FOUND WHAT YOUR SAYING TO BE TRUE QUITE OFTEN AS THE EYES ARE FEEDING AT NIGHT AND NEED TIME TO DIGEST THEIR CHOW.  THX AGAIN

6 hours ago, CrestCom21 said:

Went today - killed it - thanks Crestcom     Bite was killer from 9am-10am.

• Like 1

20210722_203849.thumb.jpg.a955cabe01a0a3f798f43f6ea7b8fc4a.jpgJust got back from fishing out of Barcelona this afternoon with my daughter. We fished from 3:30 until dark. Mainly in 58 to 65 fow and west of the launch. Landed 7 eyes between us (17 to 25 inches). Some nice healthy fish. All on harnesses off dipsys. Also landed a few sheeps. Trolled west and found the red roof landmark. Was marking eyes but they didn't start to bite until close to 7 pm. Then it was pretty consistent heading back with the wind at our backs. Lost a few more on the fight up as well. Would have preferred to bottom bounce with rod in hand but it wasn't blowing hard enough to create enough speed so we trolled with our 2 dipsy rods.

Big thank you to CrestCom21. First time out of Barcelona launch. Was debating to launch from Sturgeon and decided to give it a try. Will post a picture later. Getting late and time to filet!

Edited by Stillwater
  • Like 3

WE WENT TO BARCELONA TODAY AND WENT WEST. WE TROLLED BB'ERS E TO WEST  IN FRONT OF THE RED BARN 55 TO 65 FT. WHILE WE HAD TO WORK FOR THEM WE GOT OUR LIMIT OF 12 AND LOST A FEW.. THX TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED WITH DETAILS AND HELPED ME.  ANY REPORTS FROM CAT CREEK? IT WAS 116 MILES FROM MY HOUSE TO BACELONA. TIGHT LINES

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics