New USCG requirement

Missed this part!

If the boat was built after January 1 2020, older boats aren't required to have it is what I read, scroll down the link to where "requirements" is printed in red and click on it! They spell it out rather nice!

Q6. What boats need to have an Engine Cut-Off Switch installed?
A6. Boats less than 26 feet in length that generate more than 115lbs of static thrust (~ 2-3hp) and were built beginning in January 2020. If the boats’ primary helm is inside an enclosed cabin it is not required to have an Engine Cut-Off Switch.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Coast Guard inspections this season feature Flares and pistol cartridge expiration dates. Engine kill switch connected to the driver. Life jackets, fire extinguishers, documentation, throwable device with attached line, and more. Realize their is radar at Sturgeon Point and Westfield covering boats traveling on our Lake Erie area,

On 4/13/2021 at 5:22 PM, jimski2 said:

With the Niagara River water temperature at72F. the smelt are reported running good at Lewiston. The emerald shiners are reported schooled up heavy below the Black Rock Lock.  Package small bags up with salt and freeze them to keep them bright and Shiny for the perch catches as seen above now.

In my USCG career I did thousands of safety boarding inspections. A line attached to a life ring was normal and good sense especially in high nwinds.
I agree that its a good idea, but im not aware of it being a requirement, which is why I'm asking.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics