Walleye Eastern Basin Reports

fished out of Dunkirk today from 8:00 until 11:30.  Ran out west of the harbor to the Portland ball and tried in 60-75 ft for an hour and a half, didn't catch anything and very few marks n the screen.  Moved back out front of the harbor in 75 to 90 ft and managed to catch a 3lb walleye in 80 ft.  There was a lot of empty screen time there also. 

Any of you know of or ever fish with the charter scale n tails? Talked to him this summer, he seemed very knowledgeable on Erie walleye. He had a shallow water technique seemed to work very well. He said he fished as long as the ice was off and seas were fishable.
If anyone has gone later in the season with Him I would also like to hear your input. I would like to book a charter with him for this time of year. I look at it as paying for some knowledge from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

5 hours ago, Game Time said:

Any of you know of or ever fish with the charter scale n tails? Talked to him this summer, he seemed very knowledgeable on Erie walleye. He had a shallow water technique seemed to work very well. He said he fished as long as the ice was off and seas were fishable.
If anyone has gone later in the season with Him I would also like to hear your input. I would like to book a charter with him for this time of year. I look at it as paying for some knowledge from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Game time,

Captain Matt Gober of scales n tales is very knowledgeable on this end of the lake.  I have fished with him many times, I highly recommend his guide service.

Mostly Musky. I fish walleye out of Dunkirk a 60 times plus a year. I did well a few years ago off purina three or four miles inside the line little earlier then this.  Assuming fish transitioning back west. I have a late spring program dialed in off Dunkirk as the fish transition off the reefs. Not to many other guys do it. 

Going to try same program next week same area.  Wondering if the Donley wall bite is the same now as say a mid to late May bite.  Gonna break the three colors back out get in tight and slow it down.  I tried this same technique twice last year no walleye but Browns, Lakers, bass and rainbows but I stayed in front of canadaway creek to the reef off shore wood.  Gonna venture further west on trench but in tight.  

Its not spring but I get a chuckle of all the folks waiting for the water to warm.  Old school thinking.  Our fish would bite in March same as they do in Ohio our folks just aren't accustom to it yet.  I'll report how I do.

let me know if the same areas you target eyes in mid May is the same areas you would target them now.

Thanks for sharing info.

Ron

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics