Walleye Eastern Basin Reports

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 8:12 AM, mostlymuskies said:

I heard of one boat that caught 12 eyes yesterday west of Dunkirk in 75 ft of water was putting downrigger balls close to bottom and popping off NK28 Spoons in Watermelon color at 1.7 mph

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Hey guys been out of the link lately, what is popping off spoons, is this like bouncing the ball off the bottom, like for lakers? how do you pop a spoon without getting hung up. thanks pap!!

AAHH gotch ya, yea I can see that being very effective!!! Thanks for the fast return Larry, soon time for you to switch over to Muskies?? or are the eyes keeping you busy!!  Best regards Larry, sounds like a banner year?!!

Today only three walleye out in 70 foot of water. Only a few fish scattered on the screen. Water temperature dropped four degrees out there. Near the south shore the water was down ten degrees from the offshore winds. Cold water upwelling there. Walleye were reported at 55 foot lately. One boat had six out deep though but the screens were mostly blank. There you go, the end of summer migration has begun.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Went out solo out of Sturgeon Wednesday. NW in 70 fow. Broke my rigger right off the bat and almost left. I'm luckey I didn't because the fishing was on fire!  First fish came at 8:05am and by 9:04am had my limit. 4 fish came on black and purple harness with dipsy on #1 setting 158 out. 1 on green/copper harness 158 out on #1 dipsy.   The old razzle dazzle  got also one on 10 color lead with a purple Renosky tipped with a worm. Big fish weighed 9.39 lbs on the rapala scale (personal best).

Thanks Larry and Marty. I have to also thank yellowpike1. John thanks for putting me on those numbers a couple of weeks ago from the l.o.u. page. I went back to those numbers NW of Sturgeon with Doc on sat am before the winds shifted. We boated 6 eaters. 4 came on outside dipsys 188 back orange/copper harness. 1 on 158 inside dipsy black/purple harness and 1 on the old razzle dazzle. The better marks came in the 67-68 fow. Marked tons of perch as shalow as 52 ft. My buddy's boat got 4  all on orange/copper before we got blown off at 10:30.

Edited by mikey eyes
  • Like 1

We stopped at 52 ft to check for marks a little west between Sturgeon and Evangola right at day break.  We wanted to start a little deeper so I went to 67-68 ft and marked them all the way to 72 fow. We had ultra lites with us along with salted minnows and was going to switch to perch after a few walleye but the lake was way too rough. I didn't mark any on wed. By sat the screen was lit up.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics