Walleye Eastern Basin Reports

I did talk to some guys at the cleaning station at the SBH. They had 4 small eyes and one nice 30" fish fishing out of Sturgeon.  I fished for perch again out of Dunkirk. Saw the same boat at the exact spot as last week and fished near  them. First drop again, a 30" eye on the perch rig with a golden shiner.  Two trips in a row, exact same thing.  After that , just a few scattered schools of perch.  Nothing super big this week. Only kept 25. Can't get out for a while. Jury duty next week. If the weather is nice next Tuesday, I will push for an early conviction on Monday so I can get out. Poor soul!

Yep fishing was good in tight on the bottom to the east. 75 ft on the bottom. Fish are everywhere. 

As far as the migration being on I'm skeptical that the fish we are catching nearshore in Dunkirk are from Ohio. Considering there has been a real good in tight bite since mid May. It has just moved out a little further. They have just became more aggressive and merged with some of the offshore fish. I also believe that the fish inside are mostly bottom oriented which makes them easier to target once located. 

• Like 1

We found a good bite straight out in front of Dunkirk in 70 ft of water today.All eyes were near bottom,65 down on Downriggers and 130 out on #2 setting of large Chinook Divers and 5 colors of lead core with 4 ounce Gibbs weight with 50 ft backing out and out boards.3D Big Willows Thumper in Copper Orange took most at 1.8 mph.Was a little rough at 3 ft average with a few 5 footers mixed in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics