Walleye Eastern Basin Reports

There are plenty of perch west of Sturgeon in 70 ft of water.
We had spot lock over a bunch marks. And tried jigging. We caught a dozen before we left. ( did not want to catch perch), also ended up with a bunch so walleye, including a 10 pounder, which was released including the rest of them. Just came back from Devils Lake, North Dakota. The walleye fishing is was fantastic .They are much smaller then ours but plenty of them. They jig fish for them with rapalas or slow troll wth one once trolling iron and a simple worm harness. Small red beads with a "2 spinner using gulp bait.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I agree with that.  Lately, I have looked at www.windfinder.com.  Kind of make a best guess with that and the NWS marine forecast.  Not always the best though. I made the 100 mile trip to Sturgeon once this year and had to turn around and go home. 

I'm curious how those on Lake Erie did today as well.We had a slow day on Chautauqua Lake only 3 walleye from 10 am to 2 pm.Barometric pressure being 30:34 had every walleye directly on bottom in 33 to 35 ft of water.5 colors of Lead Core with 4 ounce Gibbs Sinker and perch color small Chatter Sticks,slow at 1.7 mph just off bottom caught the 3 eyes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics