Walleye Eastern Basin Reports

Walleye Wizard,The eyes we have been catching at Chautauqua Lake have been 4 to 8 lbs,with bigger shoulders then Lake Erie.
Depends on wind direction on dealing with floating cut weeds,West or SW is best,North or Northeast is the worst for North Basin.I might end up back there Thursday & Friday if Erie is rolling over 3 ft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Shorthanded,I use to leave the dock on the Niagara River and head out for Muskies in the early 70's.Everyone was tight lipped and would even change lures on their rods before coming to the dock to throw you off.I vowed I would never be that way and help people with real info to make their fishing experience better.For many years I moderated a board with fishinfo.com and gave daily fishing gear reports for 20 years.

• Like 3

eedI appreciate your comments about people being tight lipped about there fishing success or lack of. This mentality really hurts our sport!! There are millions and millions of walleye and other sport fish in lake erie. To have a mentality of  I'm gonna keep this location,method,bait , or technique a secret is soooo counterproductive to the future of our sport!!!! Fact is there are less fishing&hunting  licences sold each year. Our numbers are shrinking guys!! It makes alot more since to help the newbys out and hope they have a great day!! Anyhow thankyou Larry for all the good info you've shared with us on this site. Need more guys sharing like you do. Thankyou to lakeerieunited for starting this site. Its been a good beginning and Im hopefull this site will grow&grow . Keep sharing guys!!! its good for our sport! This is a point in the season when I go back to L.Ontario to finish my season. Good lluck to you all for the rest 2016!!

I appreciate your comments about people being tight lipped about there fishing success or lack of. This mentality really hurts our sport!! There are millions and millions of walleye and other sport fish in lake erie. To have a mentality of  I'm gonna keep this location,method,bait , or technique a secret is soooo counterproductive to the future of our sport!!!! Fact is there are less fishing&hunting  licences sold each year. Our numbers are shrinking guys!! It makes alot more since to help the newbys out and hope they have a great day!! Anyhow thankyou Larry for all the good info you've shared with us on this site. N

Thanks to Larry, all who post info on here and other sites. I think I can speak for most people here that we're not looking for exact coordinates but a starting point as many of us cannot get out as much as we want. The lake is huge and any general info to get us started after a week off helps a ton. I know I have gained a wealth of knowledge from here.

Looks like Saturday should be a nice day to be out so good luck to all.

I too have enjoyed this site and the great information there. I caught my best walleye this year 31 inches 10 plus pounds. It was guys sharing where to go and what to use to gain information on a new Lake I tried to go to a bait shop and ask for info. One guy said I asked where is the best spot two fish he said in the lake

7 hours ago, mike m. said:

I appreciate your comments about people being tight lipped about there fishing success or lack of. This mentality really hurts our sport!! There are millions and millions of walleye and other sport fish in lake erie. To have a mentality of  I'm gonna keep this location,method,bait , or technique a secret is soooo counterproductive to the future of our sport!!!! Fact is there are less fishing&hunting  licences sold each year. Our numbers are shrinking guys!! It makes alot more since to help the newbys out and hope they have a great day!! Anyhow thankyou Larry for all the good info you've shared with us on this site. N

X2.  I can't believe the guys that won't share info because they don't want you going out to THEIR spot catching THEIR fish.  There are millions of walleye out there, enough for everyone and then some.  When I started a few years ago I didn't know anything.  I learned from trial and error but the few guys that shared info greatly accelerated my learning curve.  I have been back at the dock with a limit and the boat next to us might only have a couple.  I will tell them exactly what worked that day and where and would give them my coordinates if they asked for them.  It's no fun for anyone when your not catching fish, especially when kids are on board.

Thank you everyone who shares info.

Ok good site. I am about to head out to Dunkirk for a little different fishing trip. Heard from a friend that a couple guys ran into some perch last week out in 72' Going to scan and fish and scan some more and let everyone know if something is actually there. 

Here's the perch report. First drop, jigged my 3/4 oz buckshot spoon twice and hooked a 9-10 lb eye!  After that we did locate a few schools of perch in 67' about a mile west of Dunkirk.  Wound up with 45. Not a bad start. I caught a couple up high but they were for the most part tight to the bottom and sucking the bottom silt for any small worm they could find.  The bite went completely dead at 11:30 even though we still marked them on the sonar. 

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics