Walleye Eastern Basin Reports

I travel from Brockport and learned to double what the buoy says to a point and watch the trend and direction in the back log. If wind is not trending down by evening the night before, you can bet on it still being bumpy in the am. Open lakes forecast is also what you should be looking at, not the nearshore. I know what you mean though, sometimes they miss big. My2cents

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United Mobile App

GreenHead,

You make some good points, I have learned not to even pay attention to the PC buoy because it is never accurate.  Case in point was today.  We fished Canadian water today and we were off of SP, within four miles of the PC buoy and left that area at 1.  Look at the history and it says .7 of a foot in height, I will tell you that the waves were 3 to 4 feet all of the way in if not more at times.  I too pay attention to the wind the night before and look at the flags in the AM when driving to the lake from 20 minutes away.  I pretty much know before I get there what I am up against.  I find this link to be more accurate Wunderground.com

Agree with you CSH Kucinski on port colburn weather bouy. I was told years ago that what ever they say it is mulitibly X 2. Seems to have proven true  over the years. Did you fish near weather buoy today? How was it?? I know its very good out of Dunkirk right now. We're trying to find some good eye fishing closer to SPt.  I'd really like tie up a weather man to the bow pulpit of my 22 footer so he can see what todays 1 to 2 footers looked like!!

• Like 1

Fishing was awful today!  We started just West of Waverly and trolled much of the deep water before heading to the deep water off of SP and Evangola.  Did not catch one walleye and for that matter we did not mark much either.  Water was generally too warm.  We did find the thermocline at 65 feet in 70 and deeper but no fish.  If I had to pick a place to start I would fish out of the Catt or even Dunkirk and head West.

Dunkirk Con Club Derby results
71.34 pounds for a three day total of nine fish by JimOpeil. Big fish was 10.85 pounds by John Ferdinand.
74 to 85 foot of water was good for some. Jim Dolly crew credited his temperature probe and down speed deal for success. Also deep water off Barcelona.
Full story from Gene Pauzek in today's Dunkirk Observer,

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

We tried to reach the Purina Tower area this morning but the waves were getting high. Fished from the West water tank of Silver Creek to the east and north. Poor showing every where on the screen. Only one medium walleye on a dipsey set at 3 and 180 out. Waves picked up in the middle of the lake to 3 and 4 footers. Picked up and came in to a flat wave beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

15 hours ago, trapper said:

Does anyone run riggers I charter on Ontario and started to fish erie sp this year and never hear of anyone running riggers just wondering ps also what ch on vhs you use?

Trapper...its true what Greenhead said....getting baits out and away from the boat. However my last trip to SP, all 8 eyes came off the downriggers and most of those were caught by popping the lure from the release when we saw fish on the screen and letting the bait flutter up through them

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics