Walleye Eastern Basin Reports

When you guys are running snap weights on long cores do you try and deploy them over dipsys or not? If so, do you let them settle straight behind the boat a while before you send them out on a board?  Where do you like to attach the weights to the cores? On the leader or the backing?  Thanks

DJ

It's a PITA, but I usually pull the dipsey to set the weighted core........... then once the core is out on a big board, I'll reset the diver rod....... it's risky (big mess) to set the weighted core while the diver is in the water....... weight 30' into the backer........

16 hours ago, Pequod1 said:

We got six today out to 74' NW of Sturgeon in the fleet.  Nothing on the dipseys today. 4 on the riggers set at 65 and two on the lead core at ten colors.  Lead core was dead until we switched over to a rainbow colored renosky. The rigger bites were purple reef runners, and harnesses.  

Pequod1  did you or the fleet locate any schools of eyes (on your sonar) out there when you were out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ckawski said:

Got 8 eyes out of Dunkirk today left at 6 back at 10

Sent from my VS990 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Ckawski... any size on the 8 eyes? right out in front of Dunkirk? or over by the "breaks/trench"? depth of water? sticks/ harnesses? Plan on going out of Dunkirk Saturday. truly appreciate any info.... a l ong drive for me to get there...thanks!!!

The offshore south wind caused an upwelling of colder water Wednesday near our beaches. The fishing in 71 to 75 was shut down but the screen showed a lot of fish in 52 foot of water. But the bite was almost non existing every where. Only one walleye on our boat, the other boat had two, on deep fished dipseys.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Wednesday we caught most of our eyes on 5 colors of Lead Core with 3 ounce Gibbs sinker on backing of 30 lb Power Pro braid ,then put out 50 ft of the backing.Yesterday out of SBH decided to test exactly how deep we were running the Renosky's with the above method at 2.2 mph.Went to 42 ft of water and put the setup out trolled toward shallower water until we started bumping bottom,was 38 ft down with 5 colors of Lead core and 3 ounces Gibbs weight with an additional 50 ft of 30 lb Power Pro backing out.This program got us 7 eyes on Wednesday out in 92 to 95 ft of water straight out in front of Dunkirk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Trying to decide where to go tomorrow?? Our best fishing this year was NW of SP in about 70 fow. We went there last Monday and fish were gone. Spent that day in search mode never found them. We could launch at SBH,SP or the Catt. Prefer not to drive to Dunkirk. Appreciate any help/advice.

Fishing east of center rd is like squirrel hunting during deer season. Fish in between Dunkirk and Barcelona. You honestly can't go wrong. Fish are scattered everywhere. 40 plus eyes last two days in bad conditions. 

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics