Walleye Eastern Basin Reports

Fished nw out of sturgeon from 7-10:30 today. All fish were caught in 70-72' Less marks under 70'
4 of the 5 fish can from the same dipsy rod watermelon/copper hi tech harness. Changed a second dipsy rod over to watermelon/copper and it got the 5th fish. We had a spread of sticks and other color harnesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

A few of my friends went out of Dunkirk today. The waves built up pretty good making for a tough trip but the guys who made it 8 miles west did good. Didn't kill them, but they were there.  On another note, one of the groups saw a big school of what they thought were perch on the bottom in 72' about two miles west.  If anyone else spots them let us know and I will make a perch scouting trip.

We came out of Sturgeon on Tues, went NW to about 70 fow. Made 2 passes thru area  picked up 14 eyes. Rough lake 3-5's for sure. Trolled with the waves only! All sticks,rainbow RSKI was best. Riggers 5 ft of bottom stick bait 60-70 ft back.  4 Divers out 180 at #3 no ring * 2 and 145-150 on 1.5 no ring* 2. High divers are braid #30lb  low divers are 30lb 7 strand wire; Board rods were all 11 colors. All rods took fish.Go get em guys the good old days are here now!

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 1:01 AM, mike m. said:

We came out of Sturgeon on Tues, went NW to about 70 fow. Made 2 passes thru area  picked up 14 eyes. Rough lake 3-5's for sure. Trolled with the waves only! All sticks,rainbow RSKI was best. Riggers 5 ft of bottom stick bait 60-70 ft back.  4 Divers out 180 at #3 no ring * 2 and 145-150 on 1.5 no ring* 2. High divers are braid #30lb  low divers are 30lb 7 strand wire; Board rods were all 11 colors. All rods took fish.Go get em guys the good old days are here now!

Mike....where can I find a decent selection of the Renoski sticks?

John...thanks for the location (Dick's) on the renoski's. since I am not from around that area, could you tell me what town Dick's is in? Also think I i will be hitting the water over there for the first time tomorrow. prob outta the Catt or SP. As of lately, are you doing better on sticks? or harnesses? how bout an idea on "speed". any help would be truly appreciated.  thanks

39 minutes ago, Ten Percent said:

John...thanks for the location (Dick's) on the renoski's. since I am not from around that area, could you tell me what town Dick's is in? Also think I i will be hitting the water over there for the first time tomorrow. prob outta the Catt or SP. As of lately, are you doing better on sticks? or harnesses? how bout an idea on "speed". any help would be truly appreciated.  thanks

St pt NW compass heading 265 till you hit 70 ft of wAter. There were at least forty boats this yesterday harness work the best for me I put three diff colors and never had to change them shiny brass double colo  blades          firetiger  willows blades  and new one I got at call erie swirl  this one too was double willows blades speed 1.8 work the best that heading is out of st pt  got two off riggers on the bottom two on dipesys and two long line with Torpedo Divers      hopes that helps these are the one   we got last week                       orchard park  store                                             yellowpike:emoticon-0167-beer:

13735820_10209053763533787_3829151495252752980_o.jpg

Edited by yellowpike
  • Like 2

No. I don't trust the wind. It is a hundred mile trip for me and I have already been out twice this year when I had to turn around and come home.  Might go to Cayuga tomorrow and get some landlocks. They are fairly easy to catch, but small. Good practice  to hone in my walleye trolling techniques.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics