Walleye Eastern Basin Reports

Great day fishing out of Sturgeon Pt!! Had 2 Kiddos with us. My son Wesley 6 and Walts grandson Jack 8. We launched about 10am at SP. Headed NW to about 67 fow. Searched around alittle till we found them. Started putting   rods in about 11am.  4 divers rods, 4 10 colors ,2 rigger rods. All with sticks. Weatherman was right for once on wind and waves!!  By 4pm we 18 eyes in box and kids had were ready to head home. Couldn't ask for a better day on L. Erie!! 

• Like 1

Fish Barcelona  sat and sun got 6 on sat 3 on sun had to leave early for the 6 hr ride home 60 to 70 fow worm harness did most of the damage copper blade with brown and red beads and fire tiger downrigger down 50 and dipsey on a 3 setting out 140 wanted to pull the leadcore just one bass after the next biggest walleye was 31''

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pequod1 said:

You guys certainly know how to catch them. I think we will give it a try Wednesday. I have all the gear but I need some of the luck! We will either head out of Sturgeon or Dunkirk. 

I would try sturgeon it seems there doing a little better up that way . if I can give you any helpful advice it would be put your time in !!! some of these guys make it look easy but I work for mine don't just tell yourself there not biting change things lures depth speed direction you'll get um !! Good Luck

• Great day fishing out of Sturgeon Pt!! Had 2 Kiddos with us. My son Wesley 6 and Walts grandson Jack 8. We launched about 10am at SP. Headed NW to about 67 fow. Searched around alittle till we found them. Started putting   rods in about 11am.  4 divers rods, 4 10 colors ,2 rigger rods. All with sticks. Weatherman was right for once on wind and waves!!  By 4pm we 18 eyes in box and kids had were ready to head home. Couldn't ask for a better day on L. Erie!! 

Hey Jimski2 thanks for the info on center road area. One of my favorite places to get em going back any years. So did you actually fish there recently and do well? We came out of SP  tues and got 10 in afternoon trip. Not as fast and furious as saturdays action was. 

Had a good day today out of Sturgeon. Headed NW to 70-75' and found the fleet. Fish were from 55-70 down and we got a dozen on a variety of baits and techniques. No real pattern. Harnesses and reef runners, dipseys, lead line and riggers all worked. 

Yesterday was very slow off Center Road. The bright full moon must have had the Walleyes on the feed all night. The fish are there with 79 foot having the best screen. Only one 24 inch fish taken. The other boat had three. Dipseys at 3 setting 150 foot out and 1 setting 75 foot out did the deal with worm harnesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics