Walleye Eastern Basin Reports

Walleye schools were 40 to 55 foot of water yesterday with large fish on the surface, mid water and the largest fish on the bottom. You must see them on your screen and if your screen is blank pull your gear and keep looking for screens with fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Where is this report from? Taking the family out Saturday.

Went today and fished the windmills. Lots of marks only caught a sheephead and a smallie. Pulling worm harnesses. Greens and oranges. Hope it gets better than this I have yet to catch a walleye this year but ice only been out 2 times for walleye

Was out of Dunkirk, lots of boats and lots of white bass. Dropped a rod and reel overboard. shimano rod with diawa reel, I can described it if someone catches it but betting it's a lost cause. Between losing tackle and this rod it's getting expensive this year for 2 walleye.

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Took the family down to the Catt today. They're not early risers and it's an hr and half drive for us so we didn't get lines in until 10:45. I had an 8 rod spread. I ran two riggers, one with spoon and one with harness, 45 and 55 down. Two dipseys 75 and 90 back with harnesses, 2 color with various sticks, 5 color with sticks and later harness, flicker minnow on braid an flicker shad on braid. Took 4 hits until we left at 4. Lost one eye at back of the boat, caught a silver, and missed two on the boards. What a struggle!!!

Did a full day out of the Catt. 2 of us managed 10 Eyes.Fished harnesses and sticks off riggers , leadcore and jets off big boards all methods took fish.Bay Rat was our top producer.1 fish off 3 color, 1 off 5 color,couple off 40 jet,riggers 40 to 50ft. 58ft. of water was our best depth,1.5 was our best speed.Surface temp was 69 to 71.Morning bite produced our best fish 2 about 7lbs.1 about 9.Evening bite produced most fish.

• Like 1

Saturday Barcelona .. Ran out to 58 ft turned west started setting up got 3 rods in and took a 25 incher on 6 colors and a black and silver bay rat  thought it was going to be a great day !!! Everyone we talked to did about the same 1 eye if you got lucky i'm sure a few  guys did well but for the most part it was slow

• Like 1

We fished between the Catt and Dunkirk on Friday from 6 PM until 1 AM and again today from 6 AM until about 3 PM.  A whopping six total walleye, four eaters and two about 7 lbs.  Tons of silver bass and some big sheephead.  We tried every technique, lure and worm harness known to man and it was slow to say the least.  Marked tons of walleye in the upper 30 feet of the water column Friday evening and thought we were in for a good night with the full moon, only three takers.  Today it was like looking for a needle in a haystack.  That's fishing! 

Fished the Catt. Saturday morning.  We 5 walleye, 29.5 and 27 incher, other 3 were 19- 23 inches.  Caught fish on lead cores, riggers and dipseys.  No specific color, except when I was changing out harnesses it seen that if it were a different color blade with a copper back, within 15 min. we would get a fish and bay ray dream house worked as well.

Tony

SP to evangola state park. 20 walleye sat and sun during mid day. Fished 10 - 130 both days. Caught them.on everything riggers dipsy and lead core. Nonspecific color. On harness and stick baits equally. Had 5 weighed for the tournament. Speed seemed to be the big difference most around 1.6 faster than that and it was sheepshead. 

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics