Tandem worm harnesses

19 hours ago, let them run said:

Do you have a blade preference Colorado or Willow Leaf blades I know speed has a lot to do with what to run just wondering if you've had more luck with one or the other?

Sent from my VS987 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

a lot of guys use willow but i bought some colorado blades from galeforcetackle.com and i've had great luck with them. i just picked out the colors i wanted then contacted them and asked them to tie me up some tandem harnesses. dr death, reverse muffin, jawbreaker has been some of my favorite colors.

• 1 year later...

willows are more speed tolerant than Colorado blades. but i troll at 1.6 to 2.2 and have had great luck using double Colorado harnesses. i start fishing at 1.8 to 2.0 then if i know i'm on fish but not catching them i slow down to 1.6 if that doesn't work i'll speed up to 2.0 to 2.2. but i started out using double willow blades. but as time went on i was doing better with Colorado blades. i was buying all my harnesses from bait shops with a high mark up on price. then i bought a few off eBay that turned out to be gale force tackle when they were just getting started. but now i buy all my harnesses from 2 places, galeforcetackle.com and challengerlures.com and get the 3D worm harness in nuclear green. the gft i love the jawbreaker, but dr death is a close 2nd then reverse muffin has been good but so have several other colors.

a lot of my large spoons have came from gft. i troll them around 2.6 to 3.0.

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics