Colored dipseys

• 2 weeks later...

Lake erie walleye use a blue dipsy with the black dots Uv inhanced. It's honestly the first and alot of days the only one that keeps firing. That along with a black and silver spoon and your set. No snubbers for me, drag just loose enough it's not slipping while trolling 

• Like 1

eMy best dipsey color on erie has been metallic red. Same with all my jets. I also have some purple prism dipseys that have been good and you cant go wrong with black. Honestly i think its a confidence thing. Not sure dipsey color really matters that much. The bait behind the dipsey matters more in my HO. How far out your diver is,dialed on 1,2 or 3 thats what matters. Also ring or no ring. We typically run no ring 90% of time. Have no problem getting down to whatever depth with 30lb power pro or 30lb 7 strand wire. As we move into mid summer dipseys can really shine!! What i call boat tricks can get them really goin. Hard turns left or right, slow downs&speed ups can really trigger strikes.

What size dispys do you guys run? Anyone ever see any catch ratio difference between braid vs wire? We've caught fish on dipsys but leadcore seems to produce MUCH better for us.

Pink Chrome with white oring.

Works on Erie and Ontario.

I also once bought a Nuclear Green Walker deeper diver that works great on both lakes but have never been able to find another one with the same paint scheme. I'm almost afraid to use it on Ontario in fear that it might get broken off by a king.

You don't need snubbers when fishing for walleye as they are such wimpy fighters.

I normally don't use snubbers on Ontario either. Just a lower bound test leader as I usually fish my dipseys on a wire rig with a twilly tip for both Erie and Ontario.

• 2 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics