Slide Diver Lite Bite Setup & Tips

This is how I setup a Slide Diver Lite Bite- 1. Diver comes with a piece of clear tubing. Feed a short piece of tubing over the end of the rear trigger loop to close gap.  This keeps your line in the trigger loop and makes deploying easier.  See picture for detail.

2. Put a piece of supplied surgical tubing over front trigger then slide on spring tube section.   3. For braid diver I tie in 40ft. of Maxima Ultragreen 40lb test Mono Leader material ( 30 or 35 ft works too).  Can also substitute 30 or 40lb test Big Game mono.  I like the 40lb leader as it holds up longer before it needs to be swapped out.  I use a back to back uni knot to tie mono to the braid.   For a wire diver use an Albright knot to attach 65lb braid to wire then use back to back uni knot to attach mono for slide material.   4. Feed the mono through diver add a piece of surgical tube under front trigger to lock mono before trigger is set.    5. Put a bead on the end of mono to help cushion knot when diver slides back.  Tie on a quality snap swivel.  6.  Adjust triggers- front trigger should be fairly tight and rear trigger fairly loose.  Back trigger adjustment is pretty sensitive.  Once you do a few it gets easier.  7.  Tie a 3 or 4 ft fluorocarbon leader -I use 20lb test- with a barrel swivel on one end and a plain snap on the other end for your lure to attach to.  This leader keeps diver from sliding down to the fish.  Make it long enough but short enough for comfortable netting.   You can rig a standard slide diver in same manner-just no rear trigger.  With the mono slide leader no snubber required.  This setup works on Lake Erie or Lake Ontario (use 30lb leader section for flasher fly or meat rig).  I also use rings as I like my diver rods to load up so I get a solid release.  Pictures attached.  Hope this is helpful.  The regular Luhr Jensen dipsey works great, I just think the slide diver with adjustable leader length is better.  

IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

• Like 1

Mr 580, Do you find that the slide divers dont dive nearly as deep as a deeper diver with braid?. I have done some testing with a fishhawk TD and found that they don't with the same amount of line out, even with the larger ring on them to make them comparable in size. I do like the fact that they trip with smaller fish though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Slide Diver standard weight is 4 oz.  They offer a heavy weight kit which is a 7 oz weight and a big ring.  I’ve never fished deeper diver but likely the deeper diver would compare closer to a SD with heavy weight kit.  IMO the slide diver dive curve is slightly less than a LJ dipsey which I’ve fished a lot.  I just run more line with SD and compensate that way.  To me printed dive curves are a starting point and I let the fish and my rods tell me the numbers I need to run.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics